NEMO Galixi 2P tent

Wiscat

Lil-Rokslider
I am shopping for a 2 person 3 season tent for an up coming hunt. The NEMO is in my price range and has consistently good reviews. Does anyone have any experience with this tent? Thanks.

Gobspur

FNG
Got one last year after doing a lot of research and also seeing the good reviews. Just spent 7 nights in it, elk hunting CO. Very high quality and bombproof. I have nothing bad to say about it. The only con is the weight. Think it's advertised as 5.5lbs or so. Total package weighs just under 6 lbs on my scale, which includes the footprint and 8 stakes. Its basically a tradeoff you have to decide on, durability vs weight. I've always been on the side of buying stuff that weighs a bit more if its more durable. The galaxi has thicker denier fabric than you'll see in other similar sized tents. I also spent a week using it turkey hunting last spring in Tennessee, with a fair amount of rain, and it stayed perfectly dry. If you're okay with the extra weight, I don't think you can go wrong with this tent.

Hoythews71

Lil-Rokslider
I havent headed west with mine yet, but I spend a week in the Ohio and West Virginia foothills with it in the spring, and it POURED rain for 4 of the 6 nights I slept in it. Inside stayed completely dry. That said, it is a little on the heavy side, but its a decent trade off IMO. Added bonus, the vestibules are on both sides, and they're plenty big enough for anything you're looking to keep dry.

AKironhead

Lil-Rokslider
I have used the galaxi 2p for several hunts now in southeast Alaska. It's constantly wet here so tents in general are less than ideal, for staying dry at least. The galaxi 2p is the only tent I've ever stayed completely dry in on multi day hunts. Typically all the tents I've used either breathe good but wet out from the rain and soak everything that touches the walls or they shed the rain but condensate like a garbage bag. So far the galaxi 2p is the best compromise I've found. The down side, as mentioned above, is the weight. That being said, I did a mountain goat hunt last month in a Kuiu 2 season that weighed 2lbs less but at 3:00 am, when the wind was blowing through that thing like a cheese cloth, I would have gladly packed the extra weight to have the galaxi. You can stake the fly on the galaxi completely to the ground if you need. Great tent, but heavy. If you live somewhere with decent weather you have more and lighter options. Just my two cents

nemogalaxi2p.jpg

Last edited: