Need to get rid of the whisker biscuit! Help for alternative.

Afineis91

FNG
Hey y’all, I’m looking to get rid of the whisker biscuit but love the ability to move my bow around without worrying about the arrow moving around. Anyone have any suggestions and/or alternative to the whisker biscuit?

Why get rid of it?! I shot one for about ten years and switched last year to a drop away - I'm honestly thinking about going back to it due to the simplicity and ease of setup/tuning and 100% arrow security. My back up bow still has a biscuit and I feel like I shoot more accurately with the old bow and biscuit...

Hey y’all, I’m looking to get rid of the whisker biscuit but love the ability to move my bow around without worrying about the arrow moving around. Anyone have any suggestions and/or alternative to the whisker biscuit?
If you got to have absolutely no movement in the arrow, check this one out.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

OP
A

Afineis91

FNG
I don’t know where I can get a replacement for what I have. I could just buy a whole new biscuit setup. With your drop away, do you always have to have the bow sitting up right?

No, you can turn the bow upside down or whatever but the point of the arrow can move around a lot in the launcher fork compared to the biscuit...

I went from a biscuit to the hamskea trinity hunter pro and really like it. Full containment and full adjustability. I'm new to archery and I'm sure my varying form was contributing, but I could not tune to save my life with the biscuit. Switched over and it tuned in no time.

Personal preference, but I liked the limb-driven setup. Plus the hamskea is super easy to relax the limb cord and pop the rest up for checking rest position.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've been using a QAD HDX for the past six years without any issues at all. I even took the containment bar off it and will run in the mountains chasing elk with a nocked arrow without any issues. Love this rest.

buggz

FNG
I went from a biscuit to the hamskea trinity hunter pro and really like it. Full containment and full adjustability. I'm new to archery and I'm sure my varying form was contributing, but I could not tune to save my life with the biscuit. Switched over and it tuned in no time.

Personal preference, but I liked the limb-driven setup. Plus the hamskea is super easy to relax the limb cord and pop the rest up for checking rest position.

Same here.
I went to the Hamskea Trinity Hunter Pro and really like it.
While I had no troubles with the biscuit, I wanted to play with different fletchings.

I switched from whisker to QAD drop away. I stalk and still hunt a lot, just get in habit of checking. It’s obvious when the arrow bumps off by accident when I draw back.

wish I switched sooner

TheGDog

WKR
RE: Changing away from the Whisker Biscuit, they offer replacement brushes for when your initial ones starts to get ragged. As they get ragged the hole in the center starts to open up a lil bit.

Hoodie

WKR
I was shooting decent-ish groups (for me) with a biscuit last year. 8 inches or so at 60 yards with Magnus Snuffer SS broadheads, which aren´t the smallest.

I´d heard about how much more forgiving drop-aways were so I switched to a QAD. It definitely had an impact on my groups past 40, no question. Nothing crazy though. I´d say it took an inch off average group size at 50, and maybe 2 inches at 70.

After putting in the work to paper tune, bare-shaft, and BH tune it was great for two weeks before it failed. It wouldn´t drop. Every time I shot it would chop a fletching off my arrow.

I know lots of people have used them for years and years and never had a failure, but I´m glad mine crapped out in March instead of August. I´ll take reliability over a minor increase in accuracy.

WCB94

FNG
It's not necessarily gonna be full capture in the sense that a biscuit is, but I went from a biscuit to a Hamskea Trinity Hunter Pro and love it. I've seen an arrow or two be drawn back and rest in the corner of the rest, but that's extremely rare in my experience. I've tested it out myself, and my arrows typically fall right into the launch arm, even when purposefully left out of alignment. A very good friend of mine switched from his biscuit to the same Hamskea I own, he hated it at first, but I brought him over and got it paper tuned for him, he loves it now, brought his groups tighter and he feels extremely confident in the rest. I'd also point out that Hamskea offers some nice aftermarket accessories, particularly for Mathews bows.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
After putting in the work to paper tune, bare-shaft, and BH tune it was great for two weeks before it failed. It wouldn´t drop. Every time I shot it would chop a fletching off my arrow.
The QAD's definitely have to be timed right, and even small tuning adjustments can throw their timing off. But I've found that once the bow is tuned and the timing is set, they're good to go until the bow strings start to go.

I wouldn't advise trying an aero rest by fire nock. The noise when drawing is very loud and unnatural. I tried covering the pegs with thin leather and felt but had a Hamskea back on my bow before the season ended.