Need help on what truck to get.

Cowbell

WKR
You guys running 3/4 gassers need to run the depreciation on those things. It is actually much cheaper to own a diesel if you are buying new. Much better resale and fuel mileage. And they aren't even close in comparison.

I owned a 2015 Ford F 250 6.2L gasser for a couple years. Daily driver and towed my 30,ft travel trailer with it about 2500 miles per year. Around town empty MPG was 13 at best. Towing my TT I got 9mpgs on flat land and about 7mpg in mountains. Sold my TT and bought a 34 ft 5th wheel that weighes 12k ready to camp. One trip with the gasser and that was all she wrote. Traded the gasser for 2015 F350 6.7L diesel. I get 11mpg towing on flat land, right at 10 in mountains. Daily driving I average 15mpg. I did a 450 mile round trip, all highway miles trip recently, truck was empty and I averaged 16.8 mpg. All numbers are hand calculated.
Truck is all stock. Truck has great power. I can maintain 65 mph on steep grades of 6-7% with RPM never going over 2300 while towing 12k.

DESERT ED

FNG
Love my ‘14 6.2 350 with 4:30s. It’s a very thirsty truck. And like Cowbell said my trucks value dropped tremendously with Ford’s new 7.3 coming out. I’d say gas for daily driving and occasional towing and diesel if your truck lives with a full time trailer. Have fun. Drive em all and report back.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I purchased a preowned 2017 F250 6.7L, King Ranch 4dr, long bed, 4x4 in late July 2019. Factory stock. Very impressed with 6.7L torque, Thoroughbred ride, 16.5 mpg Hwy Dallas to TN. Instrument cluster and layers are easy to use. My old ranch truck for 29 years, one owner, was a GMC K2500 gas. This KR has B&W turnover ball for my GN 20’ Stock trailer, 16k equipment trailer. spray on bed liner, soft bed cover (Added, no improvement on mpg), and also came with weather-guard matts, and Thunderstruck front bumper. This may be better than Ranch Hand. After nearly a year 12k miles later, no regrets, no looking back. Yes you look into Next week for a U turn or a parking spot but that is a small concession for so much truck. The view is good up here. Look at these.

Factory tune could be improved for torque, economy, and throttle response. I don’t like the “double honk” or the speed limiter at 93 mph. Now that it’s out of Ford warranty I am looking at programmer interfaces for tuning, fault code reset, and Deleting the limiter and double honk.

rhat would haul my boat nicely.