Need Barrel Recommendation for Savage 110 7mm Rem Mag

young7.3

WKR
My Dad has had this gun for nearly 40 years and the barrel is showing signs of being shot out. We put a new Trijicon scope on it with new Talley rings and could not get a decent group no matter what we did. I have personally checked the mounting and everything is good there. Below is his recent group from a lead sled at 150 yards.
c7763c188bd4031751bf8005226349f9.jpg

It seems there is an unlimited number of options for new barrels on the internet. What's a good quality barrel for this receiver? Looking in the $400-600 range.

i thought my savage 110 in 30-06 was shot out after 20 years. then i bought a $50 bore scope and realized i'd just been doing a highly mediocre job of cleaning it. after cleaning down to bare steel, shoots great again.

as for barrels, any of the popular names will get you there. seems there's plenty of positive and negative reviews for each. just googling "best barrels to rebarrel savage 110" gets all the names. it's a savage 110 hunting rifle. sticking with a profile that fits in whatever stock you have narrows that down. probably don't need it threaded. or carbon fiber. or bull. don't need a $500 match barrel. i'd pick whatever is in stock in the right profile and right color.