Necessary items in your truck

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
if there is a will, there is a way :ROFLMAO:

2fIWc8d.jpg

I have had meat aged for weeks, just wrap the meat with plastic wrap after 36hrs and you lose hardly anything. Had one old bull bison aged for 7 weeks, meat was nice and tender after that.

This saturday a friend of mine asked me to help fetch a big cow he shot. I discovered he lacked a few items in his truck for the job.
Try these and you can add to too them.

1. Small electric chainsaw or an arbor saw
2. 10 ft of medium chain with a couple links or clevises to attach it to the loops on eith side of the box
3. A come along/ coffin hoist to winch the elk into the back of the pickup.
4. 20 ft of 1/2 inch hemp rope or equivalent climbing rope. Preferably with a loop in one end
5. A trailer hitch or a unit that can go into a trailer with assembly so you can attach a chain or a rope to it.
6. A couple of medium clevises for attachment to the back of pickup.
7. 15 - 20 ft of medium chain with hooks on at least on end. This is on the basis of things happen.

An elk can be a difficult thing to load without some basic tools.
Shovel, tire chains, 100' of climbing rope, tow strap, 2 heavy duty ratchet straps, 4 cam buckle straps, 11 bungee cords (wtf?), Hand saw, jump box, gallon of fresh water, snacks, damn corgi that thinks he live in my truck and can't stand being left behind. Pretty much standard supplies in my pick up on any given day.