NE Wyoming Car Thieves!

northernalpine

Lil-Rokslider
My understanding is that, at some point, the AirTag will show up to the thief’s iPhones. This is a feature to ensure that they aren’t used for surveillance/tracking people without their knowledge. They can still be hidden pretty well.
It will, if an AirTag that isn’t yours is located with you over a certain distance, it will send a push alert that there is an AirTag nearby. I’ve gotten notifications while walking around DC with my kids and at airports while traveling.

Bluefish

WKR
Yeah me either, I was just curious because I just bought one to put on my dog's collar.
They also beep or make noise when out of range of the paired phone for a period of time. Have one on my wife’s bicycle and it would beep in the middle of the night when she was on a bike tour. Now with ios17 you can pair to multiple phones to help keep this from happening.

cjdewese

WKR
It is really bad. Lots of rural folks are unable to find insurance companies who will provide fire insurance so they are having to fall back to the state FAIR program. A good friend has been cancelled 4 times and had to go on FAIR, and his annual premiums increased from $3K to $8K. On the face of it, the notion of the state having a say in rate increases seems reasonable, but like most propositions it was poorly written and is very one-sided favoring consumers.

The CA legislature is trying to come up with a structure to entice some of the companies that have stopped writing policies in CA to come back, but no legislator is willing to sponsor it for fear of political repercussions.
This has been my experience in a Rural area. At this point I laugh at any new insurance company that wants to see if they can get me home ownwers insurance. I always laugh and say you can try, but the same thing happens every time. We are un-insurable because of fire risk and have to be insired by the CA Fair plan.