ND Spot and Stalk Archery Whitetail

After not being able to make it out to the west to hunt this year, I wanted to find a way to compromise and still get a similar spot and stalk type hunt that will teach me tactics I can use out west in the future. In doing so, I’ve been looking into ND archery Whitetail. Tags are OTC and the central to western part of the state would give me an opportunity to use some glass and hunt with a western style. Just looking for advice on what to look for, as far as whitetail goes, in the more open landscapes that can be found towards the western part of the state. I’m a school teacher and our fall break is the 2nd week of October. So that’s the week I’ll be heading out. I can’t find much intel on spot and stalk in western ND for whitetails, most everything is centered around mule deer. Any intel helps! Thanks!

Love to hear more about this. I’m interested in western whitetail but don’t know where to start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magtech

WKR
I lived in ND for a while and thought "o man, its flat, this will be cake."

Yeah im an idiot.

Do you know how tall the grasses are there.. the deer can be like bye felicia at will.

Story time: One time i pulled up to the edge of a field to hunt some pheasant with my lab. When i got the dog out a moose stood up 10 yards in font of me that i never saw laying down... a damn moose.

If a moose can hide in the grasses, how well can a WT disappear?

Complaint over: Go put work in and kill a nice one.

HouseCL

Lil-Rokslider
What part of the state do you live in? I recently moved to Fargo from out of state. I am planning to do the hunt you described next fall. Interested to hear about your experience.