nallo 4gt

skindaddy

Lil-Rokslider
can anyone give me opinions that had owned one of these. or even a nallo 3 gt . pros and cons.
if you got rid of it why.
did you think there is something else comparable to it.
or did you go up to a keron 4 for some reason ?
thanks

oh was also thinking of the mountain hardware trango 4, but that is actually close to same price(a few less) than a 3gt

Are you climbing tall mountains? If not, then skip the trango. Too heavy. Not versatile. I have a 3 gt. Love it. Roomy, light for its class, very well made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

skindaddy

Lil-Rokslider
oh yeah prob be 3 of us in it this time thats why i was thinking the 4gt, the 3gt seems quite tight for 3 people by measurements.
next time might have 2 tents, then the 4gt would be overkill i think cant decide

Get a 4 if you have 3 people. Depending on where you are going it might be a better option to get a tarp setup or pyramid. Jimmy tarps makes a skyline that is super versatile and tons of room for two. Get two of those and you still have tons of money left over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my Nallo3 for two people. The only issue I'd be concerned with on a 4GT is that, being non free standing, they require a pretty big footprint that requires a nice flat campsite. I've had to pigeon hole my Nallo3 into spots that wouldn't fit the GT and securing the guy lines on and/or thru bushes can be a pain. But as long as you have some open terrain and a nice campsite the 4GT should work great.

OP
S

skindaddy

Lil-Rokslider
good call brood i didnt know it wasnt freestanding , this is new stuff to me something else to consider ahhhh.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If youre in the market for a Hilleberg shoot me a message and ill get you set up with a great price!

n8tivenv

Lil-Rokslider
Bought a nallo 3 from 1 shot gear and the price was the best you will find anywhere. The tent itself is amazing! We did 5 nights at 10,000 feet in the ruby's nevada in some pretty windy conditions and the tent is quiet and extremely solid /stable. The gt vestibule would have been nice for gear and undressing/dressing but the extra space/length to setup can be difficult to find in spots. The nallo 3 is perfect for 2, uncomfortable with 3 in my opinion. The tent seemed to add a-lot of warmth as well due to the design.

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nallo 3 is an amazing option for 2 guys and packs. It works really well for Dad and two kids also. Three grown men who aren't into spooning, not so much.

That said, I will be hitting dmitriy@1shotgear up for a Nallo 4 GT to add to the fleet. He shot me a price for an Akto that was on point. I ended up buying a used Akto but his customer service is great.

You will not sleep in a dryer tent than a Hilleberg from my experience. The Chugach and Wrangels have hammered our tents and the inner walls have stayed dry as could be. I actually woke up in standing water around the bathtub of my Akto recently and other than condensation under my sleeping pad, I was dry as could be.

The footprint of a Nallo 4 GT is definitely something to consider and the only downside I can really see.

OP
S

skindaddy

Lil-Rokslider
we got a hold of each other and i got an order placed today , if you want a hilleberg you need to get a hold of dmitriy@1shotgear.
i dont think you'll be disappointed