Mystery Ranch Treehouse 38 Review

lgard

Lil-Rokslider
First post here on Rokslide. I thought id share my experience with this pack as I havent found many in depth reviews on it. I bought this pack as I thought it had the best features for whitetail hunting, specifically with a saddle. Previously I had ran soft packs that didnt work well at all for my liking. They just crumbled when you tightened the platform and sticks to the side or back. The MR TH 38 fixed that for me. With an internal plastic frame on the back and sides as well as the front having 2 rods running vertically. I found the straps and waist band to have a nice range of adjustability. It carried the weight extremely well. The top lid flips toward you when youre in the tree. Its built in a way that creates a nice "table" that can hold your rangefinder or binos pretty well. Waterproofing on this pack is pretty good. The buckles are really heavy duty compared to some other packs I've had. Some even breaking in freezing weather. The "silent" outer material is nice, although not really necessary in my mind. It does tend to catch small briars well and id hate to set it down in cockleburs.I thought id post on this forum and not the backpack forum due to this being a whitetail specific pack. Message_1678740383943.jpg

This is the pack with a tethrd XL platform and skeletor sticks. Inside is empty. You can see its very rigid and stands up on its own. Not like when they advertise other packs and theyre stuffed full of clothing to fill it out.

nosajnh

FNG
After one season I am really happy with my Treehouse 38. I use it to carry my platform, one stick, a water bottle, and extra clothing while hunting whitetails from a saddle. I do not pack out meat with it. The previous two seasons I tried several cheaper packs and they were always unstable with that load and not as functional. I really like that I am able to release my one stick from the bottom of the pack without taking it off. When I reach hunting height I hang the bag on the tree with 2 a Nite eze camjam clips and some paracord then set my platform. The pack comes with a strap to strap it to the tree however I prefer the camjam set up. I to like the way it hangs in the tree and gives you access to the inside of the bag. The front will also unzip to allow access to the bottom of the bag with out having to take everything out from the top. The outside pockets are easily accessible yet keep things inside with out clips/zippers or velcro keeping it quiet. Some people complain about the camo pattern/color however I have no problem with it. As you can see sometimes I use my bladder with it and sometimes I just carry a bottle. The interior main compartment will hold a good amount of cold weather clothing. I had a couple intermediate top layers and my Solitude 2.0 jacket in the pack a few time at the end of the season with no problem this year. The Solitude jacket takes up a lot of space. If you wanted to carry both the Solitude bibs and jacket you would have to strap one to the outside of the pack.

After several years looking for the right pack for saddle hunting I am glad to say I have finally found one that I am happy with.
20221011_081430.jpg20220923_180646 1 .jpg20220924_0858401 1 .jpg

ljaq516

FNG
Thanks for sharing your experience with this bag. I was looking into getting a eberlestock f1 frame with some batwings for my saddle set up. Like y’all I was using frameless packs and they just didn’t carry my sticks and platform well. Definitely gonna have to look at the treehouse and consider it. The straps to secure the predator platform and skeletors, are this attached to the treehouse pack? That’s my same setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
lgard

lgard

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for sharing your experience with this bag. I was looking into getting a eberlestock f1 frame with some batwings for my saddle set up. Like y’all I was using frameless packs and they just didn’t carry my sticks and platform well. Definitely gonna have to look at the treehouse and consider it. The straps to secure the predator platform and skeletors, are this attached to the treehouse pack? That’s my same setup.

Yes. Two on the main pack and two on bottom.

Do you think the soft outer material is worth it on the Treehouse? Looking at either the Treehouse or Pop-Up for my saddle setup.

nosajnh

FNG
Do you think the soft outer material is worth it on the Treehouse? Looking at either the Treehouse or Pop-Up for my saddle setup.
I think the difference maker for me between those 2 packs would be if I was going to pack out an animal or not.

I think the difference maker for me between those 2 packs would be if I was going to pack out an animal or not.
Probably not in this case. Mainly looking at this as a designated saddle pack. I liked the idea of having a pack that could pull double duty, but it's a tradeoff one way or the other. Ended up ordering the Treehouse 38.

RockyRoad

FNG

I debated these options as well. I played with both in the MR booth at 2 separate TAC events and opted to order a treehouse. I felt like it had better features for me personally as a whitetail hunter and really liked the idea of the body the pack kept when set on the ground. It seems like it will be a jam up pack for both ground hunting and tree stand hunting. Putting in some time with it this season will tell the tale if I made the right decision though.

wesfromky

WKR
I picked up a treehouse 20 this year and really like it so far. It seemed a bit awkward while just loading it up and messing around at home, but once it was in the tree, it was perfect. Very well thought out pack for a treestand hunter for sure.

Anybody here primarily saddle hunt with an ebike? I have had a hard time finding a pack that can comfortably carry my bow, and sticks/platform without having to strap my sticks to my luggage rack which can become noisy. I tried using bike attachtments like a gun/bow rack but have had problems with vibrations messing up my bow. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Robate

FNG
Thanks for the reviews, very helpful. I ordered a TH 38 and it came in a few days ago. I was shocked by how big it seemed at home and was considering returning it. But from reading these reviews and seeing pictures I think it’ll work great!

nosajnh

FNG
REVIEW UPDATE

When I was practicing shooting from my saddle this summer I started using the built in tree strap and I love it. I do not take My pack off when I get to the tree. Once I am at height now I take the pack off strap it too the tree with the built in strap. I keep it in the side pocket closest to where it joins the pack. What I like about it is I do not have to dig for a strap and when you want to adjust the position it you can easily slide it around the tree. 20230915_125019.jpg

RBC

FNG
Looking for that perfect whitetail packs as well. I have the Predator XL platform, but recently acquired a LWCG .5 treestand that I have been using as my platform instead of the XL platform. What do you guys think about securing the .5 stand to this pack? I think its a little more weight (but not much) but was wondering if anyone could anticipate an issue with the two straps securing a small hang on stand. I assume I would run my skeletor sticks with the two bottom compression straps. Looking for any feedback - Thanks

Joe Schroeder

ALPS OutdoorZ
Rokslide Sponsor
Looking for that perfect whitetail packs as well. I have the Predator XL platform, but recently acquired a LWCG .5 treestand that I have been using as my platform instead of the XL platform. What do you guys think about securing the .5 stand to this pack? I think its a little more weight (but not much) but was wondering if anyone could anticipate an issue with the two straps securing a small hang on stand. I assume I would run my skeletor sticks with the two bottom compression straps. Looking for any feedback - Thanks
If I have 20lbs or more in a pack, I like to have a frame. Can't speak for the other small frame packs, but I use our Crossfire(23L) from ALPS. It fits my Rival Micro hang-on from Hawk and 4 Helium sticks nicely, carries it great.

Photos are the Hawk Helium Apex platform(it's actually inside the pack with the saddle), and 4 Helium sticks mounted on the outside of the Crossfire using the bow boot and compression strap. I've had the platform on the outside with the sticks, you can see theres plenty of extra webbing there, but I like it inside. All the rigging fits in the removable 3L pocket that I connect to my saddle when I'm in the tree, that is mounted to the side in the photos.

Weather is finally changing around home, Good Luck Everyone!
IMG_0185.jpgIMG_0186.jpgIMG_0187.jpg

Macintosh

WKR
@PA_RidgeRunner Dont let anyone convince you a load shelf is only for meat. Pop up works great for platform and sticks in the load shelf—keeps everything low and close to your body so it carries better and snags less. Plus if you do want to pack an animal you have the option. This is my 18l pop up with complete kit including saddle and warm clothes.
IMG_9194.jpeg