Mystery ranch spare parts/Customer Service

Windigo

Lil-Rokslider
My wife has a mystery ranch metcalf, and one of the tension lock buckles on the waist belt just exploded when she tried to put it on. Weird, but maybe it got stepped on or something.

So I submit a repair/warranty ticket on her behalf and…nothing. So I figure I’ll call these guys and take care of it the old fashioned way… turns out the warranty department doesn’t work fridays? Super frustrating considering I’m on pacific time and work 4 10’s.

Am I just screaming into the void? Has anyone else use MR’s customer service recently?

It has been a year or two, but they took good care of me when a couple buckles broke on my Sawtooth pack. I used the contact form on their website and all correspondence was via email after that. They mailed me replacement buckles quickly at no cost to me.

nobody

WKR
I used to own a Metcalf that fit and hurt me worse than my badlands superday did. When I called them to talk through getting my pack fit straightened out, I was able to immediately get through to somebody. That said, I’ve had a total of two companies who treated me awful with customer service in my entire life: Swarovski and Mystery Ranch. The guy at mystery ranch was extremely dismissive of my fitment issues, seemed more like he just wanted me to hang up and leave him alone. He ended with “sounds like our pack doesn’t fit you. That sucks dude, just sell it and buy one of our other packs instead.”

I sold it alright, and then immediately called stone glacier. Too many good companies that make solid products to ever deal with a company who has that type of attitude.

Good luck, hopefully you get treated better than I did 🤷‍♂️

MTWop

Lil-Rokslider
I wore through a waist belt on my pintler. I submitted a warranty claim with photo. They went above and beyond. They shipped a free waist belt immediately and were nothing but excellent. Try calling them if not having luck with the online submission

jjchad

WKR
I used their customer service a few months back and they were great to work with. I did do a phone call though.

logan123

Lil-Rokslider
: Swarovski and Mystery Ranch. The guy at mystery ranch was extremely dismissive of my fitment issues, seemed more like he just wanted me to hang up and leave him alone. He ended with “sounds like our pack doesn’t fit you. That sucks dude, just sell it and buy one of our other packs instead.”

I sold it alright, and then immediately called stone glacier. Too many good companies that make solid products to ever deal with a company who has that type of attitude.
If you called and just wanted a sounding board to vent and complain, what reaction did you expect? If it didn’t fit, what did you think they could do for you but to suggest that you get rid of the pack and try another? Gunning for a discount?

It sounds like he was actually pretty patient, dude.

I’ve had great experience with MR. If you ask for stickers, you’ll get them, fast. I’ve had to order hip belts for my several year discontinued pack and they’ve still had them on the shelf.

nobody

WKR
If you called and just wanted a sounding board to vent and complain, what reaction did you expect? If it didn’t fit, what did you think they could do for you but to suggest that you get rid of the pack and try another? Gunning for a discount?

It sounds like he was actually pretty patient, dude.

I’ve had great experience with MR. If you ask for stickers, you’ll get them, fast. I’ve had to order hip belts for my several year discontinued pack and they’ve still had them on the shelf.
Their website and YouTube channel both say multiple times to call for help with pack fitment. They even have a video saying they’re willing to FaceTime or video call in order to help you get adjusted properly. When I asked him to do that, he huffed and said “yeah, I know the videos say we can do that, but we really don’t. Sorry, you’re just gonna need to figure it out.” I don’t need discounts, I don’t need free stickers. I need a company to stand behind their product and do everything in their power to help ensure a customer has success with their product. Companies like Stone Glacier have just sent out new hip belts to guys who gain or lose weight. There’s even stories of guys in the Exo and Stone Glacier showrooms helping guys who own other brands get their packs fitted up in person in their showroom. Based on my experience, it doesn’t sound like Mystery Ranch will even do it with their own packs, at least the guy I dealt with.

I’m glad to hear you’ve had good luck getting free stickers and replacement discontinued parts. That’s great, but it doesn’t change the fact that they wouldn’t do their part to help get their pack adjusted to fit me. I wasn’t looking to complain to them, I wanted help getting the pack adjusted right, and I think I have every right to expect them to help me get it adjusted somehow when I pay $500 for their pack. But maybe I’m wrong?

PlanoDano

FNG
I salute you guys who were able to wear out a mystery ranch hip belt. I would like to get a new pack but my pintler will not die. It is worse than my lawn boy was, I was finally able to kill the lawn boy by running it for a season without mixing oil in the gas.

jg1418

Lil-Rokslider
Mystery Ranch Customer service has been AWESOME the 2 times I called with the minor issues I had.

repins05

WKR
I have had excellent customer service with Mystery Ranch (not in regards to a warranty). I had a questionable warranty claim with Swarovski. Fell on my scope and used is as a sled for about 10 feet. Scope fogged up. Told Swaro the details of what happened. Sent the scope into Swarovski and they sent me a new scope no charge. They also upgraded it with turrets and lighted reticle. I have called customer service several times with questions etc. and all have been positive.

OP
Windigo

Windigo

Lil-Rokslider
How long ago did you submit the warranty ticket?
Probably two weeks ago now? Haven’t been in cell service during business hours since then, which isn’t super convenient

Weird, they were awesome for me about a year ago. I broke a buckle (from reefing on it way harder than necessary). I needed a new one immediately so I submitted a warranty card deal then called them the next day. They found my warranty ticket and said they’d send me 3 or 4 for the trouble. I did pay for the shipping myself just because I needed to have it overnighted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used their customer service several times a few years ago. I called both times. I have only had great experiences with them. I thought they went out of their way to get me taken care of. Neither issue was of their making but they couldnt have been better about it.

OP
Windigo

Windigo

Lil-Rokslider
Weird, they were awesome for me about a year ago. I broke a buckle (from reefing on it way harder than necessary). I needed a new one immediately so I submitted a warranty card deal then called them the next day. They found my warranty ticket and said they’d send me 3 or 4 for the trouble. I did pay for the shipping myself just because I needed to have it overnighted.

Which buckle did you break? One of the tension lock buckles on the waist?

Which buckle did you break? One of the tension lock buckles on the waist?

No, I don’t know what you call it. It runs from side to side over the body of the pack. Use it for strapping stuff to your pack or compressing the main bag

I need to get ahold of them for a clip that broke on my Pintler. I hope they take care of it, or atleast can send me one if I pay for it.

Old post, but I have personally never had anything but excellent experiences with them. I was able to get a rep on the phone very quickly and each went above and beyond to help me.

Sometimes people have bad days and aren't at their best.