Mystery Ranch CS

UtahJimmy

WKR
I want to give a shout-out to Mystery Ranch based on a recent warranty issue I had. The main, long, center zip on my Pintler bag became difficult to zip because of all the hard use it had seen. The CS rep (thanks Tom!) was able to diagnose the issue over the phone, offer a temporary solution to get me by for the weekend, and get me set up to return the bag for service.

When I finished my opening weekend archery deer hunt here in Utah, I washed the bag and sent it in to the headquarters in Bozeman. They made the repair (in one day) by replacing the entire zipper and it was back in my possession on Saturday the same week!

I know we are rough on our gear and to have a company that stands behind their product adds a ton of value. I'm super impressed with the follow thru on their end to not only communicate the progress, but to deliver on the promise that they would get the pack back to me before labor day weekend (which would have been the following Friday). All in all an amazing experience, thank you Mystery Ranch!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Silas5150

FNG
Thanks for sharing your experience. I've interacted with MR's CS one or two times and echo your sentiments. Always great when a company has your back.

TravisN

FNG
Just curious, what was the temporary solution? I assume lubrication in some way?

OP
UtahJimmy

UtahJimmy

WKR
Just curious, what was the temporary solution? I assume lubrication in some way?
What happened was the throat of the zipper slider had begun to separate. This did not allow the zippers to fully mesh, see pics.

So the solution was to crimp the slider on both sides ever so slightly to crush them back into original position. This worked very well, but the metal had already began to yield so it needed to be replaced.
6df91aa92e81c1e95f546c4863db9ada.jpg
2266718667144368fb9ad512bd3752d3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk