Mystery Ranch buckle conversion question.

Just getting into these packs. Recently purchased a metcalf and a mule, and then a guide lite mt frame with a beartooth 80 on it.

I would like to have everything rigged up so I could run each pack on this frame. The buckels seem to be different sizes and styles. Is there a kit that allows me just to switch all the buckles?
What is the easiest way to do this w/out major modifications meaning sewing is a no go for me. Unless there is no other way around it.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    568.8 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    433.7 KB · Views: 15
OP
S
Anyone use aftermarket buckles (quality of course) on these or is their size propitiatory. Not trying to be a cheap ass but I’ll have 75$ Into conversions if I go with stock MR kit.

I haven't found a source for the SJ autolock buckles MR is now using. Your cheapest option would probably be to replace all the new style buckles with these (which are compatible with the old style MR buckles):
Screenshot_20220628-172036_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20220628-171955_Samsung Internet.jpg
hudson4supplies.com and milspecmonkey.com have them

sndmn11

WKR
Anyone use aftermarket buckles (quality of course) on these or is their size propitiatory. Not trying to be a cheap ass but I’ll have 75$ Into conversions if I go with stock MR kit.
I think you would be way ahead from an ease of use standpoint getting some 1" gatekeepers. (or whatever size webbing is used)

They are not proprietary but are the newer fangled type of fastex buckles. There was a thread a couple of years ago if you search the time machine that might contain the info On were to buy.

OP
S
I think you would be way ahead from an ease of use standpoint getting some 1" gatekeepers. (or whatever size webbing is used)

I’m gonna have to look into these. That seems slick thank you!

OP
S
I haven't found a source for the SJ autolock buckles MR is now using. Your cheapest option would probably be to replace all the new style buckles with these (which are compatible with the old style MR buckles):
View attachment 423848View attachment 423849
hudson4supplies.com and milspecmonkey.com have them
Thank you, that’s what I was originally looking for. Now I need to figure out if this is better then the gatekeeper option below. But thatnk you for including the links. Very helpful

FWIW I find the autolock buckles to be somewhere between unnecessary and a pain in the ass. I wouldn’t search too hard for them.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord