my Tikka build in 22GT

N2TRKYS

WKR
Havent been able to get any loads worked up. Ill be back to my reloading equipment in a couple weeks and ill update the thread. Im hoping to be in the 3050 to 3100 range shooting 80grain eldms

10-4. I’ve been kicking around the idea of a 22 Creedmoor build. Interested in your findings. Good luck.

OP
G

G37some

FNG
10-4. I’ve been kicking around the idea of a 22 Creedmoor build. Interested in your findings. Good luck.
The creed will get you a little higher velocity at the expense of barrel life. Many guys on the face book group are seeing 3-3500 round before pulling barrels. They are using much cooler burning magnum powders 4831sc, rl 26 so throat errosion isnt as bad as the creed.

slowelk

WKR
You got lucky with your turnaround, I just got off the phone with PVA and brought your case up specifically and you just so happened to order right during a run of 22s. Otherwise wait-time is 4-6 weeks. I am thinking I am going to pull the trigger on a 3B Osprey in 6.5 creedmoor. A lot of good info on the Osprey barrels on SH.

OP
G

G37some

FNG
You got lucky with your turnaround, I just got off the phone with PVA and brought your case up specifically and you just so happened to order right during a run of 22s. Otherwise wait-time is 4-6 weeks. I am thinking I am going to pull the trigger on a 3B Osprey in 6.5 creedmoor. A lot of good info on the Osprey barrels on SH.
Oh i absolutely got lucky with my lead time on the barrel i dont doubt that one bit. I was completely expecting to wait the 4 to 6 weeks but even then, it was still much better than the 10-16 week lead times i had gotten from other companies.

slowelk

WKR
Well i found a ready to ship tikka EH1 on the manners site and oulled the trigger. Fits freaking fantastic. Cant wait to get back home to start load development. View attachment 404827

What's the barrel inlet on that EH1? I'm interested in their 3B contour, but they don't have any specs. I emailed for more info.

OP
G

G37some

FNG
What's the barrel inlet on that EH1? I'm interested in their 3B contour, but they don't have any specs. I emailed for more info.
If you custom order a stock or chose a flat top model you can chose whatever barrel channel you like. This one had a tikka heavy barrel inlet which im assuming is the tikka varmint barrel. Fits my light palma barrel verry well. 20220425_210506.jpg

slowelk

WKR
Have you shot this thing yet? @G37some my PVA/OBW prefit arrived yesterday (three weeks). It'll be installed next week.

OP
G

G37some

FNG
Finall got around to shooting it. Heres shots 15-20 just throwing together a load of 80 grain eldm and 38 grain of 4831sc to get all my brass fire formed. Id say shes a shooter. Screenshot_20220604-170907_Digital Link.jpg20220604_160407.jpg

OP
G

G37some

FNG
What do you think the top out speed will be on it when you’re done with workup?
Im really hoping to be at about 3100 but i may have to switch powders to get there. Im not sure h4831sc will be able to do it. May have to switch to h4350

I know this is an old thread but do you mind taking a few measurements on the barrel diameter. Say at the muzzle shoulder, then 4-5 inches up (looking for the taper). I'm trying to spec a pva barrel such that I get 0.750 at the muzzle shoulder so my brake has no lip.

I called pva and didn't really get a straight answer.

slowelk

WKR
I know this is an old thread but do you mind taking a few measurements on the barrel diameter. Say at the muzzle shoulder, then 4-5 inches up (looking for the taper). I'm trying to spec a pva barrel such that I get 0.750 at the muzzle shoulder so my brake has no lip.

I called pva and didn't really get a straight answer.

their 3b at 20” has .750” at the shoulder of the muzzle threads.

ThatDUDE

WKR
I was wondering if your 22 GT has been reliable from the Tikka factory mags? I have been looking into the GT's a bit but want to make sure they are good to go from Factory mags.

their 3b at 20” has .750” at the shoulder of the muzzle threads.

My pva/osprey 3b at 16.5" has 0.703 at the muzzle, kind of a problem because my can needs .735 for a shoulder. When I talked to Josh and Ben, they told me each barrel is contoured to hit a certain muzzle diameter at whatever the finished length is.

If ordering a pva, use the notes or give them a call to make sure they know what you actually need in the contour.

AZ_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I was wondering if your 22 GT has been reliable from the Tikka factory mags? I have been looking into the GT's a bit but want to make sure they are good to go from Factory mags.
Any update on this question?