My perfect hunting rifle. Thanks for the help!

The goal of this firearm was to have a 300-400 yard Deer rifle and hopefully someday elk, that’s light, reliable, and bomb proof.

After extensive research and touching many firearms I kept coming back to tikka. (And persuasion from you all). I’m primarily a Kentucky deer hunter that doesn’t have the $ to own a custom hunting rifle for every scenario. I’m 21 and in the military.

Next was the cartridge. After researching, taking my budget into account, and seeing how versatile of a round it is. I settled on a cartridge that beat fascism, won 2 world wars, held the world record sniper shot for 40 years, and has killed every animal on the planet 10 times over. The ol 06. Not the flashiest or prettiest but with my personally enforced range limit of 300-400 it’s perfect.

Next was rings. These had to be high quality, bomb proof reliable rings. I saw UNKNOWN MUNITIONS release tikka rings a bit ago so after research on here I decided that was what I’m gonna go for. Order a set of lows in 30mm.

Next i sometimes can hunt in rain, sleet, snow, etc.. so I wanted good scope covers. Good thing Tenebraex makes scope covers for trijicon. Ordered some of those in 42mm.

Now onto my scope. The rules for my scope was atleast 3 on the low end, 10 on the high end, adjustable parallax, and illuminated reticle that isn’t busy and super simple.

After extensive research I went through SWFA, Nightforce, leupold, and a million other scopes, I came across the Accupoint series of optics. They’re not very popular and I don’t read much about them, but trijicon is combat proven, has performed well on the rokslide tests, and the 2.5-12.5x42 checked all my boxes.

Decently lightweight? Check

2.5-12.5x42 is perfect! So check.

Adjustable parallax? Check

Illuminated reticle that happens to also be battery free? Check.

Simple moa dot wire cross hair reticle? Check.

A price I’m willing to pay? Check.

Bomb proof reliability? Check.

Looks like I have my set up boys. I’m ready to hunt hard now.

Thanks everyone for the help. This rifle will be my go to for years to come.

Congrats! Sounds like a great rifle. Now cancel your account on here and get to killing stuff.

If you stick around these parts, you will slowly start building another rifle and then another. It’s a sickness.

You’ll start with the .223 Tikka — the gateway drug smuggled in from Finland — and before you know it, you’ll be surrounded by 22 Creedmoors, have dreams of 77 TMKs, own way too many bottles of nail polish for scope ring screws, and be willing to do almost anything for a Rokstok or the right scope.

As the saying goes, “It ain’t ____ if it’s an SWFA.”

That’s what I hear, at least…