my PCP airgun is out for turkey season.

boom

WKR
gah..I developed a leak. easily fixed (I think). I had to clean some O-rings and lube them up and reassemble. I have NEW O-rings at the ready if my fix didn't work.

here is what I didn't think about. I use a high pressure floor pump to fill the gun. well, I;m now screwed. there is no way to fill the gun with a floor pump. not 0psi to 3500 psi. it barely makes a dent. and trust me, I have been pumping away like an idiot. the needle doesn't move. I don't know if it is my seal repair or the fact that my pump is VERY GOOD at providing high pressure, but VERY BAD at providing any significant volume.

a scuba shop will not have the fittings to fill it, Pyramid air wont fill it for me, and I don't know anyone with a compressor.

I am in northern CA, and there are no local airgun shops..not within a 100 miles. I cant even fill my rifle to the point that I can determine if my fix was successful.

i'll wait until my next roadtrip. there is a shop that can fill in in los angelos.

Amazon sells PCP compressors for about the same price as a 4500psi CF airgun tank. Either will set you back $500. My tank is about to DOT expire, so realize they aren't a forever thing. They also have to be hydro’d every 5yrs. The scuba shops are generally set up to fill 4500psi Cf tanks and don’t require a PADI card if you tell them it’s for PCP use. Around here they charge about $15 to fill. The compact compressors are perfect for refilling your rifle but will not stand up to refilling a large CF tank.