My new wall tent

ChrisA

WKR
My Davis 16x20 just barely fits in a Sterlite 45 gal tote
(36 5/8x21x19 1/2). It actually bulges the sides of the flimsy plastic; a temporary container until I get a better one. No way can I fit the rainfly in also; that looks to be another 10 gal worth.

Great tents and the stoves are awesome.

Added: the Sterlite container is bulged beyond the lid fitting on the sides so I'd certainly recommend something bigger.

Last edited:

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nothin beats a wall tent in bad weather! I store poles and tent in separate ski product bags and painted the poles and joints as I assemble many times in the dark through the fall. Enjoy it will serve you well for many years just be sure is dry before placing in the bag or box to prevent mildew.

OP
H

husky390

WKR
My Davis 16x20 just barely fits in a Sterlite 45 gal tote
(36 5/8x21x19 1/2). It actually bulges the sides of the flimsy plastic; a temporary container until I get a better one. No way can I fit the rainfly in also; that looks to be another 10 gal worth.

Great tents and the stoves are awesome.

Added: the Sterlite container is bulged beyond the lid fitting on the sides so I'd certainly recommend something bigger.

Thank you, I was eyeing a 45 gallon container but will try to find a 50 gallon tote.

OP
H

husky390

WKR
Quick question for you guy's, what do you do with your tent after it's had snow on it? Do you bring it home, set it up and wait for it to dry or do you lay it out in your garage or basement to dry? Mine hasn't been wet yet and I want to make sure I don't do anything to cause it to shrink.

bbrown

WKR
Congrats on the tent! We have tried a few different companies over the years and Davis is the best and has the best customer service by far. We have given up on any bags or containers and just roll/fold them tight and use rope to tie it up.
attachment.php

Hard to tell from the picture but there is 8 wall tents ranging from 10x12 to 16x24 plus roof and floor tarps on the back wall.

Just stretch it out when you get back home and make sure its dry so it does not mildew. We use roof tarps on all our wall tents and it helps extend the life by blocking some of the abuse from the sun. Also helps manage any snow loads since the snow slides off instead of building up.

Attachments

• IMG_0956.jpg
    IMG_0956.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Quick question for you guy's, what do you do with your tent after it's had snow on it? Do you bring it home, set it up and wait for it to dry or do you lay it out in your garage or basement to dry? Mine hasn't been wet yet and I want to make sure I don't do anything to cause it to shrink.

I had my tent out the entire season in 2013 when we got all that rain. Sometimes I use the rain fly, but I didn't that year and the tent is fine. Hasn't shrunk at all. Oh, and the tent was dry inside the entire season. I always try and break down camp after the sun has been beating on the top of the tent to dry out the condensation or wetness. Then when I get home all I have to do is lay the tent out and unfold it to the where the bottoms are facing up and they can dry in the sun. Then just fold it back up and store it.

If you break the tent down and fold it the way Davis recommends, it's easy to do this as the bottoms are facing up as soon as you unfold it. If I'm expecting a lot of snow, I'll throw the fly on it because as BBrown mentions......the snow just slides off it. But I like to keep a gap between it and the tent if possible so it can breathe.

That is one palatial tent Husky - looks like you'll be hunting in the luxury suite this year.

Lil-Rokslider
I keep my 10 man arctic tent with liner in a overpac 55 gallon poly drum. The top has one clamp (that requires no tools to remove) and the whole lid comes off. Stronger then a tote and waterproof. You can also get them in different sizes. Another great thing is its strong enough that you can turn it over on the side and roll it instead of having to carry it. Just a thought.