My hammock situation for last weekend

blgoode

Lil-Rokslider
Man I love a hammock for the south east! Hard not to be comfortable and enjoy a spot like this. I don’t get out as much as I’d like but I wanted to share the setup.
Warbonnet Thunderfly tarp
Warbonnet blackbird hammock
Hammock gear incubator Underquilt
Enlightened equipment top quilt.

love my hammock/tarp set up too.

HATE being all stooped and crunched up to get dressed or undressed though...

JL

I haven’t had many issues. If it isn’t raining I’ll pitch tarp differently during day. Let me see if I got a picture of that.

I thought I had a picture. Sometimes I’ll only do 1 front corner like this and drape it Over the backside of the tarp. It helps to get it out of the way and only takes a second to pitch it when leaving or rain moves in.

I just ordered the Winter Haven with the pole mods from SLD earlier this week. I went with the 13' XL.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Do you have a bridge hammock? I bought mine used, but I made sure it was set up for a bridge hammock and it has been wonderful. Putting the poles in takes some practice, but worth it, especially in inclement weather.

Looks like a nice spot to set up for awhile. I just got into hammocking. I have a Hennessy Explorer Deluxe I think it is, with the zipper entry. I gotta get a quilt or two now though. I have a good rainfly and the Hennessy insulation system but would like to get a an underquilt, plus a regular quilt actually.

There's a hang event going on down at the Cherokee National Forest this weekend but I'm not quite ready to go hang in the cold, I don't think. I'm a bit underequipped. Are you on the hammock forums?

Here's a picture from a test run. My tarp was a bit high and alignment was off but it was comfy still.

50833320222_e27f54672b_o.jpg

There's a hang event going on down at the Cherokee National Forest this weekend but I'm not quite ready to go hang in the cold, I don't think. I'm a bit underequipped. Are you on the hammock forums?

My tarp was a bit high and alignment was off but it was comfy still.
Hang looks great to me, especially in the winter. The biggest problem I have in the winter is condensation, so I like the tarp high. I had so much condensation on my top quilt from my November trip I bought a gortex bivy to use in the hammock! The great thing about the group hangs is all the great advise you get from experienced people who are there to help, but I agree, if you don't have a proper underquilt, it could be miserable.
I'm on the hammock forums under same username.

Back