My first speed goat...

BCP

FNG
I was able to get a ranching tag in NM this season and had my first antelope hunt a few weeks ago near Lovington/Hobbs. We looked over a lot of ground and picked through about 100 goats to find this guy. The guide was excited as they had chased this goat all of last season without getting him. Shot was at last light at 400 yards as he came into water. He had been on state ground most of the day and we were waiting to get him on private ranch ground where my tag was valid. McWhorter 7 STW with 195 Bergers at 3100 fps. fav antelope photo.jpeg

OP
B

BCP

FNG
Thanks. It was a really pretty first goat. I also get a kick out of catching animals that are hard to find, elusive, etc. Typically those are older experienced animals. Sometimes they score high and sometimes they don't but I'm proud of the older animals I've been able to connect with.

huntngolf

Lil-Rokslider
I like how you got the windmill and water tank in the middle of the horns for the pic!! Well done

Reactions: BCP
OP
B

BCP

FNG
Thanks for the photo comments. I got a bunch that didn't look good but that one turned out ok! I always wish I would have taken more photos around the memories of it all.

I was able to get a ranching tag in NM this season and had my first antelope hunt a few weeks ago near Lovington/Hobbs. We looked over a lot of ground and picked through about 100 goats to find this guy. The guide was excited as they had chased this goat all of last season without getting him. Shot was at last light at 400 yards as he came into water. He had been on state ground most of the day and we were waiting to get him on private ranch ground where my tag was valid. McWhorter 7 STW with 195 Bergers at 3100 fps. View attachment 451142
What model scope are you running, are you happy with it?

OP
B

BCP

FNG
This scope is the Swaro X5i 5-25x56 with the 4wxi reticle. That reticle is my fav for wind holds on longer shots. The lighted reticle came in handy the week before on my large black bear shot at last light in AZ. I posted that on the bear forum here.

Bolt

Lil-Rokslider
Nice first kill.
What power are you using to achieve 3100fps out of an STW and 195s?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk