My Ed T custom Stove is on its way........

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I found a 5 inch diameter 14 inch long Stainless Steel Cylinder at the Thrift Store about 5 months ago. I had a Ed T stove at the time but I just wasnt feeling it. I didnt like the fact that I had to put this thing together. So when I found this Stainless Cylinder at the thrift store I was kind of excited about it and the size. It wont take big logs or anything but wood the size that my saw and Esee knife would cut it would take it easy. So i started out fabricating this thing. Cut the Pipe hole it was rough as I didnt have the right blades. Then I started trying to drill the holes in the door for my air flow. went ok but again the bits I had where very dull so it made a mess on the inside of the door. So I contacted Ed T to see if he was up for finishing the job. I sent the stove to him and 230$ later I have a complete stove along with an 8 foot pipe and all the bells and whistles on the way. Some Photos of what the stove started out as and the work I did on it.

And here is the finished Product after Ed got done with it.

14 inches long and 5 inches in Diameter I figure this will heat up the Sawtooth with no problem. Also everything the stove pipe and all will fit right into the stove and cover the stove jack hole so no dirt in the pack. A self contained stove that is easy to get going. Throw some Legs on it put in the Dampener add the stove pipe and Im all set. My thought on this was at 14 inches long it would easily strap to the bottom of any pack or fit in the bottom of the pack. Also may even fit down the sleeve of the Exo on one side.

Told Ed I would share the adventure on Rokslide.

If you ever get out and find the perfect cylinder for a Stove hit up Ed T. Im sure hed be more then happy to help you out with it.

Cheers!!

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Door has a lip all the way around so it kind of hangs there. This was like a Pasta Keeper of some sorts so that knob in the middle is a handle to take the lid off. The door is actually wired on so it cant be taken completely off by the tether cables you see on the bottom. Ed Does all of his stove doors this way and it works well. He also put a round piece of cable on the door so when the stove is blazing hot you can grab that circle wire that is coming out of the door to open and put on the door. He added the welded nuts on the bottom of the stove so that you can just screw the legs on and off and just have the long bolt legs to deal with. I cannot wait to get it. Should be a good little stove. At 14 inches long it should put out great heat for the sawtooth.

Beendare

WKR
you can make these stoves

all in for about $70...and about 2 hours work
homemade stove red.jpg
golite tipi reduced.jpg

Pic is in the Weiminuche wilderness on a U76 archery elk hunt. I have since sold the whole setup as I didn't like it and went to something much better.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Way to high jack Ed's promo post beendare lmao

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
All kidding aside though ed t has been great to work with glad we got some do it yourselfers out there.

This will be my first season using the Ed T stove, & I don't like the idea of putting it together in the cold either. But now that you brought it up, I don't see why I couldn't assemble the main body without the legs & pipe & carry it in my grabit. Anybody know why this couldn't work?

Texted EdT last night to get my order in for a stove that will be for my SL5. Very excited for this. He is also putting on a hunting backpack clinic tomorrow night in town, should be fun.

carlc

Lil-Rokslider
Looking forward to the clinic! Will you have a stove at the clinic that a guy can look at and handle?

Last edited:
I like that stove James. I was pretty turned off watching SHTF put his stove together one evening last spring when it was getting dark. Not sure how I would rig one up in my tent though :) Still waiting for him to sell a sawtooth...

Doj4Whlr

Lil-Rokslider
I'll be receiving my second Ed T stove soon and I am as excited to get this one as I was for the first one. These aren't difficult to assemble, even in the cold, as long as you take some time and try not to get in a hurry. There's an old saying- slow is smooth, smooth is fast. I personally wouldn't attempt packing the assembled stove body in anywhere.

I'll be receiving my second Ed T stove soon and I am as excited to get this one as I was for the first one. These aren't difficult to assemble, even in the cold, as long as you take some time and try not to get in a hurry. There's an old saying- slow is smooth, smooth is fast. I personally wouldn't attempt packing the assembled stove body in anywhere.
Youre right that I should try it before I decide its a pia.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Here is the stove lashed to the bottom of my exo 3500.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409289295.773790.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409289310.958495.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409289321.690726.jpg