My DIY tipi

Bachto

WKR
Here is my most recent sewing project. Used a Silpoly from ripstopbytheroll. I wanted less stretch than the nylon which is why I went with the poly. I used some marine grade thread I already had from a boat seat project which in hindsight may have been a little heavy. I also have a walking foot sewing machine from sailrite which can be difficult with super light fabrics like this.
I just need a few more guy-outs and it will be good to go.
It’s 10’ x 10’ and 72 inches tall
DD1E56D1-BF20-454A-AFF2-0AB55D62DF8D.jpeg
D453F529-1CAF-4397-B7F3-08C941B75F9C.jpeg

OP
Bachto

Bachto

WKR
Looks great, how did you do the top cone?
The top cone was the hardest and most frustrating part of the whole thing I think. Basically I replaced the top 8 inches of each triangle piece of fabric with a more durable fabric, I then sewed in a reinforcement piece where the pole goes. It's not super pretty and there are a few spots that I messed up on. It should hold up just fine it just doesn't look super pretty. Next time I will do a smaller and continuous piece that gets sewn along the top of all of them at the same time, if that makes sense.

I am going to try and do another 1 - 2 man one next.

CB1

FNG
The top cone was the hardest and most frustrating part of the whole thing I think. Basically I replaced the top 8 inches of each triangle piece of fabric with a more durable fabric, I then sewed in a reinforcement piece where the pole goes. It's not super pretty and there are a few spots that I messed up on. It should hold up just fine it just doesn't look super pretty. Next time I will do a smaller and continuous piece that gets sewn along the top of all of them at the same time, if that makes sense.

I am going to try and do another 1 - 2 man one next.
Looks good in the pictures. Seems like that could be a better way than making an actual cone on top.