My Dad's Idaho Moose Tag!

Hey All, long time lister, first time caller... that's how it goes right?

Anyways, let's get to the point. My dad got lucky this year and drew out for what looks like a tough moose hunt in Unit 51. He knew that going into it, and we aren't ones to shy away from type 2 fun, so we are really excited to get out and work hard. From all of the reading and research we've been doing, we are prepping for long days in the field and prepping our mental attitudes to never discount a bull moose for what it is.

One of my favorite things to read are semi-live hunt threads that start with preseason scouting and make their way through the end of the season so I'll be giving updates on the hunt in this thread throughout the process. I'm looking forward to this!

My Dad is an Idaho resident, but I live in Utah. I love escouting and am hoping to do quite a bit before I can make the time to get up there and check it out. In the meantime, if anyone has some experience with this unit, I'd love some pointers. Also, if any of you are elk hunting or deer hunting the unit this year, I'd love to connect so we can share what each other finds!

Following along for the ride. This, I hope, will be an epic thread!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Came across this last night. Half way through and it’s pretty great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk