My August 2024 Dall Dream Hunt

Rabbit46

FNG
Congratulations!

What an awesome write up. Well done. Thank you for taking the time to share your hunt with us.

Scottf270

WKR
I hunted moose with Nahanni Butte in 2010 and 2012. I know Jim, Clay and Don very well. We speak often. I consider them friends, though I don't see them often.
My partner from those earlier hunts was just there doing a goat and caribou hunt. His group killed some good animals. He's planning on going back in 2027. I may have to come out of retirement, get a part time job and go with him. I will use this thread for motivation.
Congratulations and thanks for sharing your adventure.

adamkolesar

Lil-Rokslider
Fantastic reportage! You really captured the sheep hunting process in a way that anyone (including non-hunters) could understand. All written from a perspective of gratitude. Congrats on fulfilling your dream and thanks for taking us along for the ride.

MTJake

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the write up, this was fantastic! Also, respect for the waiting for the right shot and sticking to your conviction on shooting distance. That is honorable and I wish more hunters would hold to that.

OP
j3butch

j3butch

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the write up, this was fantastic! Also, respect for the waiting for the right shot and sticking to your conviction on shooting distance. That is honorable and I wish more hunters would hold to that.
Thank you. As I stated, not an easy decision but one I would have had to live with for a very long time had it not worked out in the end!

Cynoscion

WKR
So pumped for you my brother!!! Wish I could’ve been with you but your write up was perfect and made me feel like I was. Congrats again. Hope to see you on Texas time soon.

OP
j3butch

j3butch

Lil-Rokslider
So pumped for you my brother!!! Wish I could’ve been with you but your write up was perfect and made me feel like I was. Congrats again. Hope to see you on Texas time soon.
Heck yea! Chat soon, I’ll be down there soon enough

buzzy

WKR
Congrats on the amazing hunt. Those Mackenzie mountains up there are beautiful. I know all too well of the demons you speak of but sometimes I think that’s what gets me back on the mountains.

keller

WKR
Huge Congrats !! Nothing better than an average Joe showing discipline and dedication to follow his dreams!! Thanks for taking us along I felt like I was walking with you!!

nv_breton

FNG
Congrats on a dream hunt and awesome old ram!

As others have said, you deserve serious kudos for sticking to your limits on the first shot. The pressure of these hunts seems to have a way of changing a person’s max range. You earned that 166 yard shot. Patience often wins, as you proved several times.

Exceptional writing and storytelling.

MT_Fin

WKR
Beautiful sheep, great pictures, and excellent write up. Congrats!! Just followed on IG too. What a cool trips.