Muzzle break?

KC1

FNG
I am looking to upgrade the muzzle break for my Browning X-Bolt Western Hunter Long Range. Any suggestions?

Pdzoller

WKR
Just put an Ultradyne Mercury on my wife’s Savage 110 UL. It is working great and matches the barrel contour good enough that it doesn’t look stupid.

Diced

WKR
Browning makes a good side port brake for their rifles. That's what I'd go with.

OP
KC1

KC1

FNG
Browning makes a good side port brake for their rifles. That's what I'd go with.
Is that the recoil hawg? Was just looking at those, thinking it might be best to stay with the brand of the rifle. However the stock one that came on it is not great.

Diced

WKR
Yeah, my brother has one on a xbolt hells canyon. I'm pretty sure browning uses their own thread pattern as well which would be another reason for going with one of those.

OP
KC1

KC1

FNG
Yeah, my brother has one on a xbolt hells canyon. I'm pretty sure browning uses their own thread pattern as well which would be another reason for going with one of those.
Good call, I’ll take a look at them.

jcmupar

FNG
Second the Area 419 hellfire. Don’t have to fiddle around with timing and works well with a tuner if you use one.

RS3579

WKR
Is that the recoil hawg? Was just looking at those, thinking it might be best to stay with the brand of the rifle. However the stock one that came on it is not great.
I recently changed the stock browning one with the recoil Hawg, and there is a noticeable difference in less recoil with the Hawg. This is on a 300 WSM.

Tumbleweed

Lil-Rokslider
You'll be hard pressed to beat the Salmon River Solutions Pro Brakes. You can get them in Titanium or Stainless. Best part, you can order them in the metric browning threads. They are sold through Unknown Munitions and the Rokslide Store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the Browning Recoil Hawg on my 300 Win mag and 30 06 mm mag. I got a 4 port TI Pro for my 7 mm mag and it's a noticeable improvement. The 30 06 speed was the metric the 300 win Max long range was 5/8. My 7 mm mag is 5/8.

I tried the 3 port and 4 port TI Pro. I liked the 4 port better for the 7 mm. Putting the 3 port on a 308 or 6.5.

Forgot to mention I also tried the Ultradyne LR for my 7 mm mag. Had the best recoil reduction but weighed 8 oz and was longer. The TI's weigh 1.7 oz. The

OP
KC1

KC1

FNG
Shoot, just ordered the Browning Recoil Hawg.
OK, I'm new to brakes. I'm putting on a 300 prc. I assume I can order the 30 cal? Then I see they don't have a metric thread option? Then if I find a metric thread option, do I go with the largest OD to reduce the most recoil? I assume the self timer is a good option?

If it's a new Browning X-Bolt Western Hunter Long Range, it should be a 5/8 x24. You can tell if the end is bell shaped. You would order the 30 cal size. They are self timing which means you can orient the brake correctly using the timing nut. The Browning site has info look under products accessories.

SDHNTR

WKR
The stock Browning radial brake is a jumpy son of a gun! Get rid of it. The side port one they sell as an option is much better.

OP
KC1

KC1

FNG
I’ll get with them on thread. The website said it was metric. Good info, thanks!

Xbow hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I had a 5 port Ti Pro turned down to match a Proof Sendero at 22 inches and it works great. Highly recommend.