Muzzle Brakes?

Charles

FNG
I have been watching many videos on brakes. Most of which are comparisons done on smaller caliber guns. I have a Seekins Havok PH2 in 6.5 PRC with their Seekins brake. It seems to jump up enough that im not seeing my impacts from 100 out to 1000 yards. So long story short lol has anyone found a brake or compensater that has helped keep them on target? Thank you in advance.

I just added a 2 port TI Salmon River brake to my Seekins PH2 and its done a great job helping keep the gun on target.

I went 2 port to keep length down for hunting. A 4 port might be better but the 2 port does a great job for my intended purpose.

ID_Matt

WKR
There are definitely better brakes for recoil reduction but if you aren't seeing impacts past a few hundred yards with that set up, definitely need to work on shooting form and maybe turn down your magnification. SRS probably makes the best combo of weight/recoil reduction. Area 419 and APA are hard to beat for all out recoil reduction.

Yep. I have a custom made brake on my .270 WSM that I can see bullet impact with from 200 to whatever yds.

Same brake design is also on a couple of other rifles I have.

Chad E

WKR
I've had great luck with the SRS brakes. I have a 4 port and 5 port. I switched from a seekins to a 5 port srs on my 300 rum and my ability to spot hits at closer distance went way up.