Multi-cam..... Aron's custom Athens Afflixtion...

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
DSC00866.jpg

DSC00870.jpg

DSC00872.jpg

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The bow came in the mail Thursday and it looks better than I expected!

I think this is the first bow done in the Multicam finish (it's a PITA to dip), so it's a one of a kind for sure. I typed up a review for the Afflixtion that will go up on the gear section on the home page, but here are the specs/speed I got from this bow.

ATA---35"

Brace Height---6.5"

Lbs---80 (Multicam Version)

Draw Length---28.5

Arrow Weight---489 grains

Speed---304

If my calculations are correct, that gives me just over 100lbs of KE and plenty of momentum to blow through anything!

Athens is a great company to work with and I want to thank them (especially Rodney) for getting this done in Multicam, as I've been told it's one of the hardest patterns to dip.

cmeier117

WKR
Dang!! I didn't know the afflixtion came with 80lb limbs? That is sick for sure! I really want one now!! Are you increasing your arrow weight at all this year?

J-Daddy

WKR
Aron I got my 70lbs Afflixtion in the same day you got yours...Rodney said the Multi-Cam was a pain in the ass to dip but that it turned out really good on your limbs.

J-Daddy

WKR
Sharp looking bow for sure! The roller guard/slide looks very innovative and well designed.
Yeah the TRCS on them works really well...It's like a roller guard & an angled cable guard rod all wrapped into one...At full draw it lets the cables slide back and they also come more towards the center of the bow...really cuts down on the side torque & cam lean that 2 track style cams sometimes have...Plus the 2 rollers the cables run in are not made together, they are 2 seperate pieces so the cables are not slaved to move together like most all other slide/roller systems. Well thought out design.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Limbs are holding up well, even at the higher poundage. They use Barnsdale limbs on all Athens bows at the moment and Bdale has a great reputation.

cmeier117

WKR
Okay Okay hold on a second here. I went to back country bowhunting and checked out their online calculator and put Aron's numbers in. In order to get the speed he is getting the IBO of the bow has to be 347 not 337. I am not questioning you Aron but I am curious as to how these Athens bows are shooting so dang fast??? Could the calculator be off just a little bit when I move the poundage from 70 to 80? How accurate is that Backcountry bowhunting calculator? Did Aron get some fancy special shooting bow?