Mule Deer broadheads

QuickTrigger7

Lil-Rokslider
Help me decide what to put in my quiver this year for mule deer hunting. I will be shooting a 495 grain arrow 275fps. I have a few kudu contour + broadheads left from last year but i want a good mechancial for follow up shots. Really leaning towards sevr 1.5 or the REK XP. The new Sevr Hybrid also looks solid if they could keep them sharp.

Last edited:

Zac

WKR
I’d worry more about your 295 grain arrow exploding than I would with what’s on the front. I’m kidding but seriously there’s been so many posts on this lately. Please just go read those.

WCB

WKR
Why would you have a different head for "follow ups". I have a 6 arrow quiver. Most the time I have 5 of what ever broadhead I am using. Then a dinged up one or random spare head for shooting Coyotes, Fox, Rabbits, etc.

I don't get the follow up shot arrow thinking?

Dylan Sluis

Lil-Rokslider
For mule deer I would shoot mechanical in the whole quiver. You dont really need to be concerened about penetration at your specs. So there really no reason you should be shooting a small fixed head. So first off that's what id do. If you are really just looking for a follow up broadhead why shoot the smallest sevr. Follow up shots are literally to do just as much damage as possible so if you want a follow up go to the 2.0

huntnful

WKR
Absolutely no need to shoot 2 different broadheads with your setup. SEVR 1.5 with bleeders would be excellent on every arrow. I killed a few animals with the grim reaper pro mechanical 1 3/8” 3 blade and they were excellent also

Shot a mule deer last year with a trypan. Less impressive specs than yours and still found the arrow darn near 30 feet past where it went through the buck.