MTN OPS down jacket

t_carlson

WKR
Never bought their down jacket, but their grid fleece hoody is hands-down my favorite. I have Sitka, Stone Glacier, and several other brands, but the Mtn Ops one is excellent, especially for the price. The zippered kangaroo pocket is SO handy.

fatlander

WKR
I ordered both of the fleeces, hoody and 1/4 zip. Cant beat polygene grid fleece at that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Durran87

Lil-Rokslider
Use Activejunky for 8% off, code FAM20 for free shipping and 20% off

dan25

Lil-Rokslider
also wondering on the sizing. I'm 6'3 and 220 athletic build.

dan25

Lil-Rokslider
Never bought their down jacket, but their grid fleece hoody is hands-down my favorite. I have Sitka, Stone Glacier, and several other brands, but the Mtn Ops one is excellent, especially for the price. The zippered kangaroo pocket is SO handy.
how is the sizing? I'm 6'3 and 220 athletic build. I was thinking xxl based on reviews?

jfk69

Lil-Rokslider
I’m 6’4” 205 and rolled the dice on 2 of them in XL. Figured I can always send them back but shipping will suck so I’m crossing my fingers.

eyeguy

Lil-Rokslider
6ft 5in 210 and am trying 2 of the xxl grid fleece. Yup see how it goes. Sleeve length and body length are deal breakers so the extra body size will help I hope.

Savagenut

WKR
Xxl are all gone. If it doesn’t for anyone that bought one let me know

pointer26

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the heads up. They are offering free shipping and 20%off code FAM20.it expires on monday

Anybody try the grid fleece hoodie before? Any issues with quality? I’ve bought some MtN Ops T-shirts before and stitching wasn’t great. Shirts had stitching unraveled and while they made it right, it makes me a tad leery on their apparel.

fatlander

WKR
I lost an OG Sitka traverse hoody that was a fleece layer with a woven face in original forest up a hell hole of blowdown in Montana in 2020. Since then I’ve been looking for a layer that was like the original traverse line. Every other grid fleece I tried never lived up to that piece of clothing.

The MTN ops hoodie arrived yesterday and I’m very impressed initially. The inner grid is really tight, closer to a single fleece layer than grid fleece. The outer face seems to have a pretty s a DWR treatment and again it’s a tight fabric that appears it will buck the wind pretty well (relative to other fleeces).

Looking forward to seeing how it perform. Quality seems to be just fine.