MT Goat Results Posted

Erict

WKR
3 Antelope Bonus Points = no tag for me this year. Maybe the populations will be up next year - will be interesting to see the quotas and this year's population survey.

Wow! What a Schit year for draws for me. I couldnt even draw a 600 tag, which I thought was 90% chance. My Deer Alternate list draw # is 2593 out of 2609......Geeezus

hobbes

WKR
My two sons and I drew. I didn't draw last year so glad to not suffer that disappointment again this year.

NDGuy

WKR
I got the 7-20 buck tag with 1 point. Last year that was a 12% chance or so but I saw they added like 1k tags this year...MT sticking with the ole opportunity over everything method of game management.

hobbes

WKR
I got the 7-20 buck tag with 1 point. Last year that was a 12% chance or so but I saw they added like 1k tags this year...MT sticking with the ole opportunity over everything method of game management.
They reduced that tag by 4000 last year.

OP
bsnedeker

bsnedeker

WKR
They reduced that tag by 4000 last year.
Exactly....we had a MUCH milder winter and a lot more water this year compared to last year which absolutely destroyed goat numbers.

You can complain about MT FWP all you want (and I do), but claiming they are screwing up on antelope is pretty absurd. That's basically the one species they are getting right in my opinion.

Exactly....we had a MUCH milder winter and a lot more water this year compared to last year which absolutely destroyed goat numbers.

You can complain about MT FWP all you want (and I do), but claiming they are screwing up on antelope is pretty absurd. That's basically the one species they are getting right in my opinion.
I don't know they've hosed up some of the western antelope districts pretty bad unleashing too many tags, even letting you buy an extra doe tag in a historically low number unit. Now guess, what, they're are no tags for that unit again, it's either one extreme or the other.

hunterjmj

WKR
My two sons and I drew. I didn't draw last year so glad to not suffer that disappointment again this year.
I didn't draw last year either and that bad news sucks. I was half scared to look at the results this year but I drew. It seems to be every other year for me. Been seeing lots of nice bucks this year too.

NDGuy

WKR
So has anyone received their email to print their tag yet?