Mt. Dutton Muzzleloader deer

nv_hunter

FNG
Hey everyone, I was fortunate enough to draw the Dutton for the first time. I am trying to get some e-scouting in before making a couple trips over for field scouting. I would appreciate anyone willing to help provide insight into the unit. Thanks!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Tag_Soup

WKR
Hey man! Welcome aboard, I'm glad you made out of the "lurker" crowd and finally posted. You should post in the "FNG" section to let everyone around know a little about yourself and that you aren't just some internet warrior and actually hunt as often and hard as most on here.

I'm excited to do some scouting with you down there this summer and to help you fill your tag!

For those reading this post, we would be extremely grateful for a PM with any info concerning: availability of water, hunter numbers during the ML season (i.e. is there a lot of pressure off trail or just along the main roads, are there lots of cow elk hunters this time of year, etc), types of forage to focus on that time of year, are the deer still on their summer range typically or should we be looking into transition areas, etc. Obviously not looking for any GPS coordinates or even roads/trails/areas to specifically focus on. We both grew up hunting way north of this unit and are not very familiar with what southern Utah has to offer, so are more interested in the animal behavior and water/weather factors to consider.

Welcome to the forum, good to have another conservation minded hunter here to contribute!