MT Bear Hunting

This is probably a long shot, but thought I would see if anyone had any interest. I just moved to Montana from Missouri. My family and I are super excited to be here. I have been coming out west to hunt elk and deer for 20+ years and glad to finally be living here. I'm living in Missoula now. I wanted to just see if anyone living around Missoula would be interested in jumping out to do some bear hunting. Obviously, I'm new to the area and interested in meeting some other good hunters. I'm 50 and in pretty decent shape, but I'm also working hard on that right now. I want to be in great shape by elk season. I have quite a bit of experience western hunting, but obviously always looking to expand on that knowledge. I'm really getting focused on backpack hunting so I was thinking about a few days backpacked in to hunt.

I have been driving around and doing some Google Earth scouting. I have a few possible spots picked out to try. I don't need anyone to give up any of their spots. I certainly don't mind sharing my information and I'm more than happy to try out my spots. I like the process of scouting as much as the hunting sometimes. It might end up being a scouting/hunting trip, but aren't they all.

Anyway, send me a PM if you are around the Missoula area and want to talk about maybe going out a few days. I retired early, so I have a lot of flexibility on when I can go.

I'm looking forward to it. I will be back in Missouri until about April 25th, but will be ready to give it a shot when I return.

Cheers.

Good luck on the hunt. I would love to join some one on a hunt like this...alas I live in Alabama lol. Hopefully one day soon.

Back