MSR reactor issues

Has anyone has issues with their MSR reactor? in the past 4 years I have gone through 4 now. msr sent me new ones for a discounted price but its getting ridiculous.

I use the stove for 3 months straight everyday in the Yukon and each stove has decreased in performance and then eventually stopped working. I now have the MSR windburner and it is ran flawlessly last season. I have 2 reactors now, 1 is brand new and 1 doesn't work at all that I will be sending back to msr here shortly.

****sorry posted to wrong forum***

Last edited:

BBob

WKR
What kind of issues are you having?

I have had reactor issues. Best stove ever when it worked. After about a season and a half it started taking longer and longer to boil until becoming unusable. When I first got mine I was so impressed with it I recommend it to a few others and I know at least 2 of them have had the same issue. I picked up the usual jetboil right after because I didn't have time to warranty it mid season. I have secretly been hoping that the jetboil gives out so I have an excuse to get a new stove. As inferior they are to a new reactor I do have to admit they seem more reliable.

fatbacks

WKR
My first reactor had to be sent in. Just kept gettIng less heat. They fixed and sent back. I think it was an issue of too much sand or dust getting in the burner. Been running solid for years since the repair.

dla

WKR
Has anyone has issues with their MSR reactor? in the past 4 years I have gone through 4 now. msr sent me new ones for a discounted price but its getting ridiculous.

I use the stove for 3 months straight everyday in the Yukon and each stove has decreased in performance and then eventually stopped working. I now have the MSR windburner and it is ran flawlessly last season. I have 2 reactors now, 1 is brand new and 1 doesn't work at all that I will be sending back to msr here shortly.

****sorry posted to wrong forum***
What fuel were you using?
The problem is simple to fix, but prevention is better which is why I'm asking about fuel.

Also, are you a "cooker" or a "water boiler"? I.e. do you leave it going for an hour at a time?

Last edited:

Geewhiz

WKR
Just a note but I think it would be fair to say that if the OP uses the stove every day for each meal for 3 months straight his stove has been used far more than most other folks' including mine.