Mounts in wife's livingroom

The hallway coming into the living room

I have high ceilings
I mounted them when she was out of town.
She doesn't care for them there, but I told her it's too late, and too hard to move them
:)
41d4709a5836add08af224ceaa9eab2c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

DBuck

Lil-Rokslider
I’d like to say “I run my camp” but that’s not always the case. But what I have figured out in the past is go ahead and put them up. They’re gonna b***h but they won’t put in the effort to move them.

fatlander

WKR
My fiancé’s “animal” is a duck. Apparently every woman has one animal that is incorporated in their decorations. I’ve got some duck mounts around the house. Other than that everything else in my man cave. Happy wife, happy life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigmoose

WKR
This is the view from my recliner. There's also a ram and a antelope to the left and a buck overhead behind me. We also spend the most time in this room and I really love looking at these guys. Guess I was lucky with my wife. She does decorate them at Christmas though...LOL. No heads in the master bedroom or kitchen but the rest of the house is fair game. This photo is from our old house. We are still unpacking in the new home and the heads are back up.

IMG_2293.jpg

Squamch

WKR
I hunt blacktails 95% of the time, so my euros fit in the top 18" of the living room wall no problem. Conveniently, that's also out of her reach.

My wife is a cat lady, my first thought after the "holy shit" stage when I shot my cougar was "Hmmm....this may not play well at home....oh man, where am I gonna put the rug?!"
The price of the rug has forestalled that conversation so far. We don't really have the wall space anywhere anyway, other than beside her side of the bed, or in our son's room.

Pabsy512

FNG
Sounds like our wives have similar decorating styles. She's fine with Euro mounts in the living room, but shoulder mounts reside at the office.

bowhuntrben

Lil-Rokslider
I made my wife agree to a moose and an elk upstairs before I would put an offer in on the house. Now I just need to get the elk 😁

142148D1CD865F-DCCA-4BB1-BC16-71981350C43C.jpegHere’s something my wife liked in the hallway right off our dining room...she prefers the Euros. I have my shoulder mounts in the basement

bigmoose

WKR
I don't agree that mounts look creepy, obviously. Here is something kind of creepy though. We just moved into our new home and I've been busy getting the boys up on the walls. Some friends came over and we were showing them the house when the guy's wife jumped back and exclaimed " WHOA !" She pointed out these two bucks hanging back to back in different rooms. I had not noticed... guess it might be a little creepy...haIMG_1761.jpgIMG_1760sa.jpg

OP
T

T3clay

Lil-Rokslider
I can't believe:
1 the amount of money some of you must have in taxidermy work
2 how many of you have so many quality animals, I would love to take just one deer like the some of these posted here!

Jimbob

WKR
I can't justify the cost of mounts. I think they are cool but I would rather spend elsewhere. My wife is into modern decorating and mounts wouldn't really go anyways. However, she is all about antlers and euro mounts. We have a moose shed on the wall of our bedroom and my wife has it planned out to display my sheep euro at the front entrance/living room.

I spend a lot of time out hunting and fishing so I have no problem that my wife takes the lead on decorating the house.

InOEKV9.jpg

Last edited:
A mountain goat is white and grey, that should match well, sounds like an exceptional reason to book a hunt, you know, you're just trying to help out.

Randle

WKR
She leaves my shop alone and I leave the house to her. She has my shoulder mount whitey In the living room and the addition great room i am building will have a couple euros and sheds . Married right the first time

H2PVon

Lil-Rokslider
For all of you married men out there the best way to get your hard earned buck or bull on the living room wall is to hang it in the bedroom 1st. When she complains , it goes to the living room end of story. Lol

Do not, under any circumstances, use the line "I just want to see a nice rack in the bedroom honey."

(not that I said that or anything)

BFR

WKR
My wife said she wouldn’t want any animals on the walls. I told her, no problem, I’ve never gotten anything big enough to mount. Fast forward 30 yrs, she wanted to go to Cabo, OK says I, lots of fun and great fishing on a spur of the moment trip. SHE had the fish mounted to remember the trip. Who am I to argue. Jump 5 yrs to one of my non-res Utah hunts shot the 4x4 on the left. When wifey saw it she said “ you have to have him mounted”, OK, who am I to argue. Since then SHE has had my Whitetail buck in the middle and my grandsons whitetail buck plus 2 4x4 mulie bucks mounted. I think she changed her mind.

Attachments

• B046B671-9905-4CB9-A6AE-A6FC9D1E5F2E.jpeg
    B046B671-9905-4CB9-A6AE-A6FC9D1E5F2E.jpeg
    181.1 KB · Views: 40
  • BC326197-0390-450A-B08D-97E3A31E7A05.jpeg
    BC326197-0390-450A-B08D-97E3A31E7A05.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 40