Mountains vs Coast for Retirement...

Chirokyle

FNG
Mountains! Maybe shoot for Arizona though. Lots of hunting opportunities, even into January-February. Not too far a drive to warmer weather when you need to warm up. Plus, my wife enjoys hiking and the options are endless in Arizona too

IdahoElk

WKR
Right now you couldn't pry me from the mountains but eventually I'm moving to the coast or some place warmer, 5 months of winter & shoveling snow wears on you after a while,can't see doing this in my 70's

RazzleDazzle

Lil-Rokslider
Beaches on the rokslide forum.....no thanks. I'll likely spend my whole life chasing elevation. No desire to get old and and die at 0 ft...

MattB

WKR
Lots of folks dislike the cold as they age. It seems romantic to pick the mountains (esp given the forum) but make sure you are being practical and considering the day in, daynout logistics.

Elk97

WKR
Lived in the mountains for a long time, loved everything except the 5-6 months of cold, snow and ice. Moved to the coast in WA and love it except for the 3-4 months of rain (and the politics) but at least it's warmer and only a long days drive to MT. I won't be moving back to a cold climate at my age, and I can see the Coast and Olympic mountains from home so it's not like I'm in the flatlands.

MTJake

Lil-Rokslider
Mountains every time. I would rather live by mountains and visit the coast than vice versa.

Mid forties so I have a ways to go, but I am warming up to the snow bird concept. A buddy summers in PA and then leaves right after Xmas to spend the winter in Florida. He is their until spring and then makes his way back in April.

jasonhul

Lil-Rokslider
Split the difference and come to the upper pains...flat and cold. Best of both worlds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okhotnik

WKR
50 years ago yes on the coast. There are way too many people who live on the coasts now. Give me the mountains any day. How much public land you have on the coasts? You have the ocean but over fish din most places now. Used to live in Washington and enjoyed the ocean fishing but Washington, Oregon have cut way back on the fishing seasons.

You only have one life.

lak2004

WKR
I live in the mountains and my mom lives in the Florida panhandle. Honestly hated going to beaches until she moved there, now we love to go visit and do the beach stuff and a fishing trip every year. I'd try to figure out how to keep a cheap place with a boat there and a cheap place in the mountains. Rent out either when not there to cover your mortgages. I live in a tiny house now though, so I can live minimally and enjoy my hobbies.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk