Motivation

keep

Lil-Rokslider
I went on a mtn goat hunt last Aug and worked out for 1.5yrs prior to the trip to get in shape. Dropped 25lbs and felt and looked better than I have since my 20's. Now after the hunt is over the drive to work out is gone. What do you all do to stay motivated? I have a couple more hunts that I will probably book but both aren't near as strenuous as the goat hunt.

Place a old photo of yourself with that extra weight inside your medicine cabinet to remind yourself everyday you never want to go back to that weight again.

trkyslr

WKR
You need to make staying in shape a way of life not just a temporary thing because of a hunt. Then when you have anither hunt you dont have to work extra hard to get into shape which is tougher on your body then just always being in good shape. I hunt year around and am always in the hills so for me motivation is easy as im always working harder to stay in shape as i get older. Make working out a habit and after a while you will need it like your lungs need air to breath. Just my .02

You need to make staying in shape a way of life not just a temporary thing because of a hunt. Then when you have anither hunt you dont have to work extra hard to get into shape which is tougher on your body then just always being in good shape. I hunt year around and am always in the hills so for me motivation is easy as im always working harder to stay in shape as i get older. Make working out a habit and after a while you will need it like your lungs need air to breath. Just my .02

X2

Make it a lifestyle, not a chore.

G Posik

WKR

Doing it this way makes it easier. Besides then you are always ready for a hunt. Besides as we get older it is tougher to get back in shape, staying there makes is A LOT LESS PAINFUL.

Glenn

NEhunter

WKR
I went on a mtn goat hunt last Aug and worked out for 1.5yrs prior to the trip to get in shape. Dropped 25lbs and felt and looked better than I have since my 20's. Now after the hunt is over the drive to work out is gone. What do you all do to stay motivated? I have a couple more hunts that I will probably book but both aren't near as strenuous as the goat hunt.

Well, if your goat hunt was your motivation and it worked, the only logical thing to do would be to book another goat hunt.:D

shaun

WKR
X2 on a life style. I alwayse fall off the wagon Dec-Feb and struggle most of that period to go but I have a routine I do mon through fri and it works I go to gym at 4am leave to work from gym than home at 5. That has been my weekday for a few years and it works. Find a way that works for you and stick to it!

7mag.

WKR
My motivation is I don't want to admit I'm getting older. I have a 7 yo. son, and I want to be healthy enough to take him on backpack trips into the wilderness like my dad did. I also enjoy wilderness backpack trips so much, I want to be in good shape to maximize my enjoyment. I think every one has to find their own motivation.