Most fun bird to hunt?

jlw0142

Lil-Rokslider
Turkey, by far in my opinion. If you are into dogs and socializing while hunting, I get it. But a turkey thundering through the trees is absolutely jolting. And when they blow up and start strutting...there is not much that gets me going like that. I have actually only hunted a turkey one time, and that was the first one I shot with my bow because I didn't know how I would conceal myself drawing my bow back. Turkey hunting is best experienced at the base of a tree, and often times I run and gun. Its a game, and much more interactive than lots of other types of hunting (especially bird hunting).

Dove is the most fun imo. Everyone has a blast :D. And its very easy to take new people or kids for their first time. Once they get hooked they will start trying other stuff. What's extra nice is that dove mojo works on early teal too lol. Pretty nice coming off the field with a mix bag.

MJB

WKR
Pheasant very smart birds!

Nothing like my Jagds pushing fields or ditches and flushing several roosters at one time.

Best quail hunting when you find a huge tumble weed loaded with quail just a few birds flush at a time for a good 5 minutes. IMG_7724.jpg

I've had a lot of fun hunting pheasants, quail and dove. If you get into the birds and are having a good day with the right folks then anything can be fun. I have friends that are absolutely ate up with waterfowl but I never could get into it.

D

Deleted member 8-15-23

Got my usfw wing report back today. Great year as usual.

Attachments

• 20230627_132722.jpg
    20230627_132722.jpg
    456 KB · Views: 29

FLS

WKR
A good dove shoot is hard to beat, especially when they’re pouring in so fast it’s hard to keep the gun loaded. We usually have a big one on Labor Day.

My first wife tried to limit what I could have in the way f hunting and fishing gear. My current wife never made that mistake. In all fairness, when we started to get serious in our relationship, I told her I hunt and fish a lot, if you have problems with that, it will be a problem. never had any problems after that talk.
I told any potential long term girlfriends the exact same thing, right up front, to avoid it becoming an issue down the road. It never has.

To answer the question, pheasants and grouse, over good dogs, are what trips my trigger.

WCB

WKR
I hunt rough grouse, woodcock, pheasants, sharp tail, huns, ducks and geese regularly. I have said it for years if I could only hunt one thing (not including big game) it would be Snow Geese.

The way they work a decoy spread, giant tornadoes of birds flopping all over the place from as far up as you can see and shooting literally cases of shells in a week and on the rare occasion a day. Then if you really want to have fun go out on the windiest crap day you can, sleeting and snowing even better and get between two big feeds and shoot birds flying feet off the ground right in your face. Been some of the trickiest shooting, fast paced, and fun hunts I have every been a part of.

KurtR

WKR
I hunt rough grouse, woodcock, pheasants, sharp tail, huns, ducks and geese regularly. I have said it for years if I could only hunt one thing (not including big game) it would be Snow Geese.

The way they work a decoy spread, giant tornadoes of birds flopping all over the place from as far up as you can see and shooting literally cases of shells in a week and on the rare occasion a day. Then if you really want to have fun go out on the windiest crap day you can, sleeting and snowing even better and get between two big feeds and shoot birds flying feet off the ground right in your face. Been some of the trickiest shooting, fast paced, and fun hunts I have every been a part of.
There is nothing more spectacular than a big spin when they do it right. Boy they can make a guy mad at them though most days haha.

Gman12

Lil-Rokslider
Hunting mallards in standing timber at home in Virginia is tons of fun if we have enough ducks to hunt which is rare these days. I would love to go to the South Dakota and do a waterfowl/pheasant combo hunt one day. I have hunted ducks/geese in fields in Kansas and that was pretty awesome as well.