Most expensive thing you lost while hunting

elkliver

WKR
Wedding ring while duck hunting.
Everything else when I had to get rescued off a mountain after throwing my pack on up on a ledge and hauling myself up after it. That was the end of the line and I sat on that ledge for 8 hours awaiting rescue. Cliffed out and mentally exhausted.( I took a wrong turn at albuquerque.) pack/rifle/range finder/ binos....the whole lot. Probably still sitting up there. Only thing that came down with me was my pants/ shirt/ boots/ phone.
You realize this is a great opportunity for a Forest Fenn type treasure hunt. You could give clues to the location, write mysterious poems. Somewhere on Ledge lies a treasured Pack, retrieval is daunting and may break ones back ....

Arithson

Lil-Rokslider
Guiding hunters in the mountains one fall and rode out to get a shower and have a few drinks at a little bar at the bottom of the mountain. Got drunk and rode back in to camp after the bar closed, got up the next morning and the guy I was with couldnt find the $14,000 cash in a ziplock the hunters had paid him. Rode out and drove back down the mountain. A nice guy coming in for coffee had found it in the parking lot. And turned it in to the bar owners who knew us.

Had a cousin set a pair of Swaros on a rock after I shot an antelope. Walked back to the pickup and drove off. Went back and he never could find them. I keep thinking one day I will but it has been 15 years.

$280 Maui Jim Sunglasses a couple days ago while elk scouting. Just used the arms to 'clip' them on to a strap even through I was going through thick stuff. Dumb.

RemiR7

Lil-Rokslider
Carter wise choice thumb release. Still upset about it. Same trip 4-5 miles in, found a pricey range finder while moving some thick timber that was in good condition.

KeithO

FNG
High Country Supreme with quiver full of Easton XX75/2117 with Thunderheads on them and my release strapped to it. Got out of the tree, set it on the tailgate and left. I still mourn that loss!

trepuah

FNG
I lost my phone while walking through a swamp on public land scouting for whitetail. Fell out of my chest pocket on a random island in the swamp and didn't realize until probably 20 mins later. Started running back through the swamp frantically looking for it and stopped randomly and put my hands on my knees to catch my breath. Low and behold my phone was about 4 inches from my feet face down in the dirt. Probably the luckiest I have ever been.

I lost my phone whole elk hunting last year and then almost got lost myself in the woods trying to walk out at night

Most expensive was my trusty garmin Etrex unit. (Ironically while testing out my Fenix 5X, which I had failed to select begin tracking on). Most painful? 3 pairs of Sitka traverse gloves have been lost to the void. Simply not meant to own a pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk