Moose mount

warhawk07

FNG
I've looked over some of the old posts re moose mounts and wondering if anyone has dimensions on shoulder mount with a full sneak vs semi sneak?? thanks

JColony

FNG
Sorry, can't help with actual dimensions, but you're gonna need a big room, LOL!! Full Sneak? Probably 5' out from wall, maybe more. I did a euro on my moose from this year and it'll stick out close to 2 feet once on the wall. I will say, full sneak moose would look pretty awesome over a fireplace!

EdP

WKR
That moose looks great in that room but those are some very high ceilings. Good planning on your part!

jruff002

Lil-Rokslider
I've looked over some of the old posts re moose mounts and wondering if anyone has dimensions on shoulder mount with a full sneak vs semi sneak?? thanks
full sneak the top of the head will be about middle of shoulder and top of mature bulls horns will be roughly top shoulder line, semi sneak top of head is about flush with top of shoulder, so the difference is about 15-18" in height.

OP
W

warhawk07

FNG
full sneak the top of the head will be about middle of shoulder and top of mature bulls horns will be roughly top shoulder line, semi sneak top of head is about flush with top of shoulder, so the difference is about 15-18" in height.
Thanks for the reply. So, 15-18" height difference...per the post above the semi is about 4.5' from wall, any idea how far a full sneak stick out from the wall. could i estimate 6" more than a semi or should i be thinking more like a full foot or more?? thanks again

Cspraggins

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the reply. So, 15-18" height difference...per the post above the semi is about 4.5' from wall, any idea how far a full sneak stick out from the wall. could i estimate 6" more than a semi or should i be thinking more like a full foot or more?? thanks again
the full sneak actually rakes downwards, so I dont think it comes out much further. maybe 6" further.....wish mckenzie taxidermy supply listed that dimension on their website. You could likely call them and ask for the actual measurements for one of their forms....

jruff002

Lil-Rokslider
mine is the biggest moose form made and the only form of it's size so my only option was the semi sneak. I've already hung at cabin but i believe it stuck out from wall 4.5' and brisket to horn tops was 5', or vice versa. I dont think youll notice much difference in the full sneak sticking out more, it actually goes down more so prolly dont stick out as much.moose2.jpgmoose.jpg

Grandpa has a moose head in the basement where us kids slept. Produced many nightmares.
It wasn't that big though. Wow.

280rem

FNG
Out of curiosity I priced a moose shoulder mount at a few taxidermist the other day. Holy smokes it was high!!! More than I paid for my moose hunt.

jruff002

Lil-Rokslider
Out of curiosity I priced a moose shoulder mount at a few taxidermist the other day. Holy smokes it was high!!! More than I paid for my moose hunt.
i do taxidermy on the side and was going to do mine. I knew i had a 4 hour drive to airport for my hunt so i found a tannery between my house and airport so i wouldn't have to pay a ton of shipping back and forth for my cape to be tanned cuz there was no way i was going to shave the behamas myself my back can't take that. Mounting a moose is a 2 person task when it comes time to actually mount it so i asked the tannery which also does taxi work what he'd charge to mount it, said 1200, i did the math and by the time i would have paid for form, him to tan it, and other supplies i was only going to save $500 to do it myself, best 500 i've ever spent and only thing i'd ever pay another taxi to do! He did a great job also.

280rem

FNG
i do taxidermy on the side and was going to do mine. I knew i had a 4 hour drive to airport for my hunt so i found a tannery between my house and airport so i wouldn't have to pay a ton of shipping back and forth for my cape to be tanned cuz there was no way i was going to shave the behamas myself my back can't take that. Mounting a moose is a 2 person task when it comes time to actually mount it so i asked the tannery which also does taxi work what he'd charge to mount it, said 1200, i did the math and by the time i would have paid for form, him to tan it, and other supplies i was only going to save $500 to do it myself, best 500 i've ever spent and only thing i'd ever pay another taxi to do! He did a great job also.

I had a moose mount done 12 years ago. $1200 by a very good taxidermist and turned out excellent! I checked with a few the other day, $3000-3500. I thought good grief that’s more than I paid to get flown in and out and get a moose out, lunacy!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDK if mine would be considered full or semi sneak, but it comes off the wall just over 5’ and is about the same from the bottom of his brisket to the top of his antlers.

3227d3cb9a66d130a43e63758298d5dc.jpg

6d506b1d594e6285a5dce70f0015e595.jpg

81c9b382e28e25b8918758c5c939a191.jpg

jruff002

Lil-Rokslider
IDK if mine would be considered full or semi sneak, but it comes off the wall just over 5’ and is about the same from the bottom of his brisket to the top of his antlers.

3227d3cb9a66d130a43e63758298d5dc.jpg

6d506b1d594e6285a5dce70f0015e595.jpg

81c9b382e28e25b8918758c5c939a191.jpg

full sneak...