Montana Rifle Company closing

Bomberodevil

Lil-Rokslider
Never owned one of these rifles, but I’ve heard how good the older rifles were built. Also heard of some unhappy owners in the recent years. Hope they can restructure and regain their previous quality.

Attachments

• 0419BD55-3BE8-4EA8-9359-0B0D13FE3B1A.png
    0419BD55-3BE8-4EA8-9359-0B0D13FE3B1A.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 351
Sounds like these folks bought a company that listed capital equipment on a balance sheet in the assets side without realizing those are actually liabilities—you need to maintain and continue to invest in and often replace them.

davsco

WKR
yeah, wow on the level(s)(& a pun) of (not) proofreading. maybe if they were getting IN business, they'd pay a little more attention.

KNASH

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting, sounds like they view their business as viable, but aren't willing to invest in it and hope somebody else will. They should have bought gold or an index mutual fund.

bsnedeker

WKR
I'm a local and I've called and left a message for these guys at least 3 times and never gotten a call back. Shocked they aren't doing well financially!

"Wow you guys are making that kind of margin on these rifles? Let's double production and make even more money."

"Ok, we need to double our facility footprint and buy second sets of tooling and machines to handle that kind of throughput."

"Fine yes do that."

"That'll be $6 million dollars."

"Shit."

MTRaine

Lil-Rokslider
This was a long time coming. I used to work there and what I can tell you is MRC had been hurting financially and quality wise for a long time before this announcement.

bowshot2

FNG
Just recieved my rifle a month ago, took a year and ended up with an extreme 3 after ordering the extreme ascent. The rifle is excellent......I am just happy it showed up before this.

KNASH

Lil-Rokslider
"Wow you guys are making that kind of margin on these rifles? Let's double production and make even more money."

"Ok, we need to double our facility footprint and buy second sets of tooling and machines to handle that kind of throughput."

"Fine yes do that."

"That'll be $6 million dollars."

"Shit."
Not being there, I suspect that's a pretty good guess at the line of conversation. Followed by "OK, how do we cash in and reinvest without additional capital?"

OP
B

Bomberodevil

Lil-Rokslider
Just recieved my rifle a month ago, took a year and ended up with an extreme 3 after ordering the extreme ascent. The rifle is excellent......I am just happy it showed up before this.

I’m glad you got your rifle before the doors closed, and I hope you don’t need any warranty work. From what I’ve heard, if it’s a good rifle from the floor, it’s a very good rifle. Hopefully that’s what you have.

JoeDirt

WKR
Horrible customer service people have been complaining about for years. I would have bought one of their rifles but they never called me back.

300m

FNG
Purchased an X3 in 30-06 about 6 months ago. Great rifle. Hope they can successfully restructure. I thought they were heading in the right direction with new leadership.