Montana Moose, Sheep, Mountain Goat, Bison draws are out!!

Moose - NO
Sheep - NO
Goat - NO
Bison - NO I am on a hunt roster where depending on the migration there could be as many as 54 hunters drawn still for this hunt. I am #1471 on the roster!

Bull Elk tag in a special draw area. - NO
Mule Deer Buck tag in a special draw area. - NO

46th year in a row for Moose and Sheep.
Took me 33 years to draw a mountain goat tag. Populations tanked that year and never got a goat. Had a great hunt and loved every minute of it though.

Last edited:
Bunch of No’s for me as well. Though not as many years applying as you. 5650 on the bison roster, so I’ll keep my fingers crossed 😂

I have 48 years for sheep and goat and whatever max is on elk.
I was number 44 on the bison roster last year- never got a call.

At 1471 you have a better chance of being bitten by a Polar bear a Jaguar and a king cobra on the same day! :ROFLMAO:

No sheep here; that’s all I want is one sheep tag. And I promise I’ll never apply for another Montana tag again and only support the state from afar…

I’m pretty sure 24 is the most points a NR can have because that is what I show. Not that they do anything.

I have 48 years for sheep and goat and whatever max is on elk.
I was number 44 on the bison roster last year- never got a call.

At 1471 you have a better chance of being bitten by a Polar bear a Jaguar and a king cobra on the same day! :ROFLMAO:

So your saying there's a chance!?!

45 on the Bison hunt roster for me. WTF!!! First year applying.
Wife got 252 for Bison and son got 2002.

How many were picked last year for that?
Zero
You have the people that draw tags, the tribes have unlimited. And then if old man winter stays home no Bison.

I was 15th on the roster last year...they allegedly drew 25 and I never got a call. FWP pretended like they didn't know what I was talking about.
Allegedly? They called zero, they don't call when there are no Bison out of the park.
There were very few Bison come out , due to mild weather.
As a result this year, in the recently completed aerial survey, they counted over 8000. Last year it was a bit under 5000.
The hunters that drew tags, and could hunt anytime, within their tag dates killed:
385-21: 2 Bison
385-20: 0 Bison
395-20: 13 Bison
The Bison roster was put in place for years when a lot of Bison come out, and before the tribes were given unlimited permits. Why FWP still does the roster is a mystery.

Back