Montana Grizzly Season

Takeem406

WKR
Anyone know if they will have a fall season this year? Even if it's next year I'm pretty excited!!!

I'd love to longbow one! With a buddy behind me with a big friggin rifle lol!

So glad they are moving forward with this!

I'd say the chance is absolutely nil that there will be a griz season this year, maybe not even next year. With the amount of public scoping and public comment periods required, plus getting a proposal past the commission, FWP just wouldn't have enough time. I can't wait though, it would be sweet to stick one of those buggers!

Odds are from a few guys I know in the know with this subject we are still looking at at least 5 years before a season or how to manage them legally will happen. All he's said really is look for the price of the tag to be high, higher than current sheep tags are likely. With even lower odds of drawing, looking at less than 25 tags a season to be drawn per state, so 75 tags maybe in 3 states with hundreds of thousands applying for one. It looks less promising than drawing a breaks sheep tag if you sit back and really look at it.

WY put a grizz tag in their regs last year I believe, think it is $6k. Wonder how many NR tags will be available out of 25 total tags, maybe 2.

2 sounds about right honestly.. Max 5 probably along with an auction tag per state that will go for ungodly amounts of money.

If they were to successfully get de-listed, Wyo. G&F says fall of 2017 would be the earliest we could have a season. I seriously doubt de-listing will be successful since this is the second go round in about 10 yrs. and previous attempt got shot down as did the Wyo. wolf plan after one season. If it were to happen, tentative license fees here are $600 resident, $6000 non-resident.

I'm also excited they are finally moving forward with delisting grizzlies. I'm sure montana will release hunting tags at some point but they will probably be treated like moose, sheep, and goats. The chances of getting drawn will be slim

With the amount of them we are seeing and the number of encounters we have already had it would be nice if they started looking at a viable management plan. I know that FW&P came up and had a little town hall meeting but I think it was basically just to let people voice their concerns about the population this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw where a biker was killed in Montana yesterday. Bears must be taut to fear humans , for their own good. How long will it take to teach the nonhunting public that ,I don't know ?

Back