Montana General Elk Combo Tag.. a question about what I can shoot!

I’ve been reading through a ton of posts on here but I’m still not sure on a few things about my upcoming elk hunt so I wanted to ask!

I have a general elk combo tag, and will be hunting both public and likely private (mainly unit 314) as I have family in the area with some private access.

I’ve been told in 314 my tag is good for any elk but a spike, but wanted to triple check. Measure twice (thrice?), cut (shoot) once!

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been reading through a ton of posts on here but I’m still not sure on a few things about my upcoming elk hunt so I wanted to ask!

I have a general elk combo tag, and will be hunting both public and likely private (mainly unit 314) as I have family in the area with some private access.

I’ve been told in 314 my tag is good for any elk but a spike, but wanted to triple check. Measure twice (thrice?), cut (shoot) once!

Thanks in advance!

Don’t get eaten by a grizz bear also you have to be on the north side of rock creek to shoot a cow south side is browtine bull only during rifle archery is good for cow or browtine bull both sides of rock creek

Attachments

• IMG_3199.jpeg
    IMG_3199.jpeg
    245.7 KB · Views: 45
OP
allstajacket
Don’t get eaten by a grizz bear also you have to be on the north side of rock creek to shoot a cow south side is browtine bull only during rifle archery is good for cow or browtine bull both sides of rock creek

I should have added that I will be rifle hunting!

My family member works with Grizzlies, so I will be extra aware and follow his lead 100%.

pparris3

FNG
I hunted 317 last year on private. Didn't encounter any bears no bear sign for whatever that is worth. The guides I was with work the land year round, so that probably helps with the lack of predators in their area. Hopefully there are bulls on that side of the valley for you!