Montana deer hunting?

So i didn't get in in time for the draw results is there any over the counter tags if even for just does more than likely ill be moving over there in a month or so and would hate to not be able to hunt at all

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Since Montana jumped the price of the combo elk/deer tag last year, there might be some leftovers. I'm not hunting MT this year so I'm a little behind on this, but last year, quite a few hunters picked up the Non res tags after the draw. You need to call MT ASAP if you're serious and find out if the opportunity is available this year. Be ready to shell out some bucks if you have to buy both the elk/deer tag (that might be all that is left over). Let us know what you find out.

OP
75johndeere
So i called them at lunch today he confirmed that i will need a out of state tag because i bought my license already in washington for spring bear and special permits. He sayed i can go online and there are tons left over like over 1000 deer and 1500 deer/elk there available online

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Wow! A few years ago I wouldn't have bet a nickel there would ever be left over deer tags in MT!

are you going to buy one?

Thanks

OP
75johndeere
Ill wait until i check out this job next weekend if i don't end up taking it i probably wont have enough vacation to hunt out of state plus do everything i have planned in washington

J-Daddy

WKR
Yeah my buddy "and sales rep @ Black Gold Bowsights" told me just a couple weeks ago that there were a ton of leftover tags in MT and he wanted me to come out there and hunt this year...Sadly it won't happen this year, oldest kid starts college this fall and I just won't have the time or extra loot to pull of that trip this year.

Its absurd the amount of money there charging for tags. As you can see that has turned a lot of hunters off from hunting Montana. Idaho lost millions because of it and now New Mexico and Montana are to follow suit. What a shame