Monopod, vs bipod, vs tripod

Doing more hunting on the ground with son . Have used pop up blind and brush piles. Picked up millenium g400 (great stool) . Shooting rifle, muzzleloader, and crossbow . Was looking at primos monopod . Looking for quick adjustments, lightweight and durable . What are you guys using . Mono vs bi vs tri ? Mainly whitetails and turkeys

survivalistd

Lil-Rokslider
I prefer tripods it's just easier and more steady for me. Also depends on the weight and magnification your using with either binos or scopes.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

robtattoo

WKR
In a blind or static setup, tripod 10:10 times.
Is not an ultralight number, no special attachment head & I'd hate to have to carry it far, but it works exceptionally well. It's got enough adjustment that I can go from prone to standing, uphill or down with total confidence.

If I'm moving around, hiking, or spot & stalk hunting, i really like my Quik-Stix adapter thingy & pair of trekking pole to make cross sticks. I tried a single stick monopod for a while, but couldn't get the stability I wanted. It really limited my range. 150yds was my absolute limit.
I'm happy out to 300 with the cross sticks, seated with a rear rest (usually my knee) & I'll take the tripod out to way farther than I'd ever take a shot at game.

If it’s just for a shooting rest, for my kids I carry a set of hiking sticks for them to shoot off, I loop the webbing from each one over the handle of the other so they’re like a bipod. Easily adjustable and serve a dual purpose.

pirogue

WKR
Doing more hunting on the ground with son . Have used pop up blind and brush piles. Picked up millenium g400 (great stool) . Shooting rifle, muzzleloader, and crossbow . Was looking at primos monopod . Looking for quick adjustments, lightweight and durable . What are you guys using . Mono vs bi vs tri ? Mainly whitetails and turkeys
Blinds and Turkey? You don’t need a tripod. I really like my Spartan Precision Bipod, from HappyAntelope.com. Extemely light, low profile, 19”-42 legs, minimal weight, fast attach and detach, and can get mounting adapter for sling swivel threads, if you don’t want the weight and bulk of a picatinny.

pirogue

WKR
Blinds and Turkey? You don’t need a tripod. I really like my Spartan Precision Bipod, from HappyAntelope.com. Extemely light, low profile, 19”-42 legs, minimal weight, fast attach and detach, and can get mounting adapter for sling swivel threads, if you don’t want the weight and bulk of a picatinny.
And you’re able to pan freely, unlike the limitations of most bipods or crossed sticks.

Rich M

WKR
Depends on how old and strong your kid is.

One of those clamp on tripods is ticket for mini-mites. Bipod or Single stick would work for older kid.

TN2shot07

WKR
I like the mono pod trigger stick in a stand but if I’m the ground I want a bipod. I’m not against a tripod if I was in a blind or something but otherwise I don’t want to have another leg to adjust. As above I have a Spartan with the long pro legs, I like it so far.

hunt1up

WKR
For deer and turkey, Bogpod Deathgrip alllll day long. Not lightweight though. Maybe 8 pounds? It’s so good I carried it around for my kids antelope hunt last year. For ground and blind hunting it’s the no brainer choice.

For lightweight use I have a Pig Saddle clamp on one of my carbon glassing tripods. That’s a great choice when you want less weight but still steady.

Jbxl20

WKR
I have a vortex tripod with the universal bog pod attachment that I use for my son. Works great.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
How far are you shooting? How wide is the shooting lane?

I would never use a mono pod, and would use either shooting sticks or a tripod depending on the situation.

squid-freshprints

Lil-Rokslider
Other than size, weight, and set up time, for me tripod wins,(particularly from any hide.) hands down, especially with kids. So much more versatile it deserves a post on all the uses. I learn new ones every year.

Tobe_B

Lil-Rokslider
I carry all three. Been using a Spartan bipod for about a year now. Picked up a Spartan sentinel tripod during 2nd rifle this year. The sentinel can be an elevated bipod, tripod, monopod while hiking and converts to trekking poles. It’s not the best tool for any of those categories stand alone, but it’s multi use ability makes it a no brainer for me and how I hunt. I do still carry my javelin bipod for prone shooting and just setting my rifle down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DoctorJJ

FNG
Leofoto are nice but they are blatant China made ripoffs of Really Right Stuff. I have the Leofoto SO-282c and I love it. The inverted legs are so fast to adjust. Very lightweight. I have their version of the RRS anvil inverted ball head. It’s really nice too. I have several other CF tripods and use a couple different ones for optics with either the Wiser or Tricer pan heads. I, honestly, would have saved up and bought the RRS if I would have known about them and known that Leofoto was ripping them off so bad. I wouldn’t have supported the China version. Now that I already own the Leofoto, I haven‘t decided to ditch it and go with the RRS stuff yet, but I probably will in the near future.