Molle frame and rucksack for outdoor work

Forgive me for a somewhat off-topic post but I figured this would be as decent a place as any to ask this. I work outdoors and often carry 20-30 lbs of gear for forestry work, including tree marking paint. That sort of weight is uncomfortable to carry in a vest or a crummy daypack, but that's usually what I've used. I have never wanted to use my own money to buy a nicer pack because the stuff we use ends up getting covered in paint over time and is just subjected to lots of wear and tear.

Someone local is selling some surplus Molle II rucksacks - the large ones with a plastic external frame. I'm thinking these should be pretty durable, and the short frame height would have advantages for someone looking up at the tops of trees all day.

But are they comfortable? How stiff and restricting are they compared to something like a external frame Kelty?

I was a licensed procurement and harvesting forester for over 20 years. So, I know the struggle. And, often fought with the same dilemmas. I tried packs. And what I found was a decent internal framed pack or, one with a stiffening sheet worked best.

The brush makes an external frame tough. But, a good internal framed pack was still slim enough to not be a big hinderance. And, with a decent waist belt, they’ll carry the water, paint, flagging, food, etc… just fine.

I’d look for a camelback military issue one. There are lots that would fit the bill. But, the smaller the better if you are still wearing a vest.