Model 70 to 7PRC?

Oaks

FNG
I still prefer CRF but the Rangers push feeds I have handled have been solid. Rangers are usually a birch stock with sights, this one has been bedded into a walnut stock.

While it's not a "RSS", it's a great little shooter. I hunt M70's so I prefer to have same trigger & safety etc...
Hey @stealthgoat that Ranger is a banger!! Sweet little .223!! I have the same rifle in a 243 and would love to find a stock like that. What are the details? Is it a custom stock?

Deywalker

FNG
I still prefer CRF but the Rangers push feeds I have handled have been solid. Rangers are usually a birch stock with sights, this one has been bedded into a walnut stock.

While it's not a "RSS", it's a great little shooter. I hunt M70's so I prefer to have same trigger & safety etc...
I really like your rifle, it makes it awfully tempting to go down there today and buy it.

The only thing stopping me is that it's a 30-06, and I already have a Sako A3 that I got a good deal on in the same chambering. Being in the northeast I'd probably just want a short action cartridge anyway. Once you get into rebarreling and a new stock, I think I'd be awfully close to that MRC Junction in price.

Hey @stealthgoat that Ranger is a banger!! Sweet little .223!! I have the same rifle in a 243 and would love to find a stock like that. What are the details? Is it a custom stock?
thanks, but it's just a Win Featherweight SA takeoff walnut.
It's a little more svelte because it came off a Compact with shorter youth LOP. I love it as my 223 trainer, in part because all my other bolt guns are M70 /FN SPR types

Oaks

FNG
Awesome! Makes sense that it came from a compact the checkering and length are different compared to the traditional Featherweight! ....Now I'm on the hunt for one of those!!! Thanks

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
ALERT: Shameless plug for Model 70 RokStok, but here it goes.
Trying to get the ball rolling on UM/Stocky's making the RokStok (carbon fiber) for the Model 70. Things are moving in a positive direction, but trying to use this thread/poll as a place to organize the preorder effort. Please read and vote if your seriously interested and intending to order a M70 RokStok. Good # of votes in the first 1.5 days, but more is better so branching out. Thanks.

Oaks

FNG
ALERT: Shameless plug for Model 70 RokStok, but here it goes.
Trying to get the ball rolling on UM/Stocky's making the RokStok (carbon fiber) for the Model 70. Things are moving in a positive direction, but trying to use this thread/poll as a place to organize the preorder effort. Please read and vote if your seriously interested and intending to order a M70 RokStok. Good # of votes in the first 1.5 days, but more is better so branching out. Thanks.
Just so you are aware, I spoke to a rep at Stockys last night. They will have a new M70 carbon stock available this next week. Hopefully that is the case.

OP
D

Dylan_907

FNG
currently trying to decide which one I want to jump on. Rokstok's neagtive comb isn't the prettiest stock to me. The function looks great ny UM's instagram video they posted today. Stockys stocks are nice and the vertical grip one suits my taste. I'm leaning Rokstok as I am a function over looks kind of person

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
currently trying to decide which one I want to jump on. Rokstok's neagtive comb isn't the prettiest stock to me. The function looks great ny UM's instagram video they posted today. Stockys stocks are nice and the vertical grip one suits my taste. I'm leaning Rokstok as I am a function over looks kind of person
I hear ya there. Cool thing is they are both sure to be great stocks and lucky us thanks to Stocky's/UM that we're starting to get more affordable/timely carbon fiber options in the market. Nice to be able to choose/purchase to suit your taste/goals with less compromise versus prior offerings out there.

wowzers

Lil-Rokslider
I’m in the same boat. I have a PRF 338 that I broke the stock and is getting a new Rokstock and going to rechamber it. Leaning towards 7PRC.

Wrench

WKR
I'll trade 700's for 70's all day long. I love building on the 70....regardless of classic or push feed.

Point Man

Lil-Rokslider
Mod 70 Win. Push feed , my 2 cents from my 50 some years of rifle shooting experience anyhow.

AZ_Hunter

FNG
Classified Approved
I’m glad I found this thread. I have a push feed m70 circa 2002 or so, whenever it was they were closing down domestic production, just sitting in the safe.

It’s a 300 WSM Coyote. I hate the laminate stock, so I’m glad to see there some stock options available/coming soon.

I was debating on rebarreling it to 6.5 PRC or just chopping the barrel to 18” and shooting it for a while.

That McMillan stock looks nice. What rings are you using?

Last edited:

k80Titus

FNG
I’m glad I found this thread. I have a push feed m70 circa 2002 or so, whenever it was they were closing down domestic production, just sitting in the safe.

It’s a 300 WSM Coyote. I hate the laminate stock, so I’m glad to see there some stock options available/coming soon.

I was debating on debarring it to 6.5 PRC or just chopping the barrel to 18” and shooting it for a while.

That McMillan stock looks nice. What rings are you using?
Warnes low. Weaver rail, which the gun came with