MKC Alternative

intunegp

WKR
Maybe just a regular ad; why do they have to give free product to people that kill for a living ? Why do they need a brand relations manager that’s one of the most sensitive but also look at me influencers around?

I think mkc could have done totally fine off his appearance on forged in fire and again normal Facebook and instagram marketing but they chose to go all in on influencers it seems and a model of purposeful limited supply

At the end of the day they’re a knife, they cut stuff just like tons of other knives do. I have way more than I can use and can’t even remember how many of those I have found

Do you think successful businesses start with the goal to "do totally fine" or grow and sell as much as possible? He was probably "doing totally fine" as a full time lineman who made high-end custom knives in his spare time but that wasn't the long term goal. Why would they use someone with less reach for marketing when they can use one of the most looked at influencers around? They could send me stuff for free but I wouldn't sell as many as Rinella talking about it on the podcast.

As far as purposeful limited supply, MKC started in Josh's garage and are currently working on a new facility to expand production and have more in-stock knives at any given time.

You're right that they're a knife that cut stuff like other knives...some people will buy them and some people won't. Every cell phone calls and texts just like other phones, it's not stopping Apple and Samsung from pimping new models a couple times a year. Every car drives down the road just like other cars but manufacturers aren't slowing down. That logic applies to literally anything and everything. Some people are willing to spend more for a higher performing or specialized design or even just their own enjoyment, and others aren't. No sense in being bothered by those people or the companies marketing to them.

Buck Knives now offers Magnacut in their custom shop for 110, 113, & 119. Otherwise, have to luck out for one of their stealth runs or Buck of the Month for a knife with Magnacut

Any custom knife worth a crap is going to be a limited supply. When it’s not limited it’s not very custom and loses the desirability in that category. I’ve been waiting for over six months for a knife from James Gibson. I’m happy to wait and rather have one he made himself one at a time. For other options that aren’t custom I would look at Bear Forest or an Esee Ashley game knife. I’m not a hardcore knife guy so that’s just my thoughts. Carry on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FNG
I used the Buck 630 Paklite Pro in S35VN to break down a bull elk last year and it was great. $120; About 2 ounces. I looked at MKC, but I don’t like the paracord. The little bit of Micarta on the handle of the Buck is easy to keep clean. I wish Buck would make this model in Magnacut; may be perfect for me in that steel.

fb0369a88b5bd5da55ac9ee591927164.jpg

Sammymusi

WKR
I just picked up the white river M1 Pro in 390sv steel , it is awesome ! It was I believe 170 bucks

Honyock

WKR
Mentioned several times before this, but I have been really pleased with the Benchmade Hidden Canyon Hunter. Compact design that does the big work as well.

mgmicky

Lil-Rokslider
I just got the Knives of Alaska Yukon model 2. It’s a Canadian belt type knife with D2 steel. I’m impressed with it so far (especially for the price) and looking forward to putting it to the test next month.