Mission Radik *Live* Youth Bow Review **Updated 11/21/22**

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Justin! The girls and I had a great time with this review. Lots of memories left to be made with these bows

9113593a6de236188984331afae7096d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thedutchtouch

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the review. My kids are a bit younger but I'll be getting them their first "real" bows soon. You mentioned one perk being that it's truly a youth bow, and not a tuned down adult bow (I know there's a few options, one of the reasons I got my Bear cruzer bow is the idea that I could tune it way down and hand it down...) Is the bow weight the biggest drawback to this, where bows like the mission are better for kids weight wise? Or is it something else? The bear RTH packages are in a very similar price point once you add the accessories to the mission/similar bare bow prices as well, but I'd assed that adult bows were "better". How was I wrong?

Edit: laughing pretty hard at myself for misspelling assumed as assed at the end there... What's that old phrase, when you assume you make an arse out of U and me lol

Last edited:
OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
It’s lighter than most bows, not by a ton but when you’re talking Youth hunters every bit counts, the ATA length is also shorter than most adult bows.

One of my personal preferences with these bows is that the cams are very mild. I’ve watched kids shoot some of the 5-70lbs adult bows in the past and the cam can be extremely harsh once draw increases to hunting weights. Stopping the poundage at 50 I believe cures some of that.

Backwall feel is again a personal preference but I hate a spongy backwall which I’ve felt on some, the Radik is solid with virtually no “drift” which seems to help with developing a consistent draw.

Would you recommend jumping an 8 year old into a bow like this with no experience? Or should I start him with a diamond atomic or Genesis first?

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Would you recommend jumping an 8 year old into a bow like this with no experience? Or should I start him with a diamond atomic or Genesis first?
My son was average size and I believe I started him at eight or nine years old. Glad I did, he handled the bow just fine. It’s so adjustable in draw length and weight. He’s 16 now and if he had any interest, he could still shoot that bow.

My son was average size and I believe I started him at eight or nine years old. Glad I did, he handled the bow just fine. It’s so adjustable in draw length and weight. He’s 16 now and if he had any interest, he could still shoot that bow.

I agree with Robby. I don’t believe he’d have any issues going straight to the Radik.

Hey guys I pulled the trigger! After I ordered I noticed they have a calculator that shows min/max draw weight by draw length. I measured his wingspan at around 51" so figure 20.5" and the calcuator shows min 16lbs, max 35 lbs. Hope 16lbs isn't too much for him, I have no gauge for what he can pull, it's an awkward movement until you get the coordination for it.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys I pulled the trigger! After I ordered I noticed they have a calculator that shows min/max draw weight by draw length. I measured his wingspan at around 51" so figure 20.5" and the calcuator shows min 16lbs, max 35 lbs. Hope 16lbs isn't too much for him, I have no gauge for what he can pull, it's an awkward movement until you get the coordination for it.
ya, coordination is as important as strength, maybe more at first.

If he can’t pull the 16, time some stretch band training, just make sure he wears safety glasses.

Let us know!

Buzzkill

FNG
It is great to see both of your girls getting involved in archery. I have looked at the Radik for my daughter, as Diamond Atomic she currently has only goes to 29 lbs of draw weight.

snowburns

FNG
I know it's an old thread, but I just picked up a new Radik for my 11 y/o daughter. This review and thread made me feel comfortable I was going down the right road and not just following a pro shop's sales pitch. So, thanks to Kyle and everyone else for your input. I don't know which one of us is more excited.