Minimum optics for CO rifle elk

I currently only have a pair of 10x42 vortex diamondbacks which have always been great. I've been thinking about getting a pair of higher power, higher end binos for both spotting for various tactical matches and also glassing for western hunts. Lots of guys saying 15x-18x on tripod is the way. I've been looking at the vortex uhd 18x56, I have a cert from a prs match. My question is would something like this be what I should be looking at, and would it definitely increase our odds of finding a legal bull from glassing all day?

Fogalo

Lil-Rokslider
Honestly I would upgrade your chest binoculars first, then after you have a solid pair of 10’s then start looking at a spotter/ 15&18x binos
What he said.

Although I know plenty of successful hunters who have killed a lot of elk without binos.

bpeay4

Lil-Rokslider
your diamondbacks will be able to tell you whether the elk you are looking at are bulls or cows at reasonable distances. If you are wanting to judge bulls you might need more power depending on distance.

06 SB

Lil-Rokslider
Having hunted in Colorado many, many times you are fine with your current binoculars. You will be walking a lot. Work on lightening up your gear, not adding to it.

Kurts86

WKR
I’d buy UHD 10x42’s. I have 10’s, 15’s and a Spotter and most of the time in Colorado I’m fine with really good 10’s and a lightweight tripod.

Colorado is a lot more forested than other states I’ve elk hunted so the long range glassing capability is less important.

I’ve always come back from Colorado looking for lighter weight gear above all else.

OP
Undrgrndprdcts
I’d buy UHD 10x42’s. I have 10’s, 15’s and a Spotter and most of the time in Colorado I’m fine with really good 10’s and a lightweight tripod.

Colorado is a lot more forested than other states I’ve elk hunted so the long range glassing capability is less important.

I’ve always come back from Colorado looking for lighter weight gear above all else.
That was the other option I've been considering heavily.

My buddy I hunt with uses the Crossfire 10x42 and always seems to spot elk before I do.

Unless you’re hunting a trophy unit, your Diamondbacks will be fine.

Ditt44

Lil-Rokslider
Devil's advocate.. sort of. If you think you need better 10x then the best glass you can afford. If you think you need a spotter then compromise and get the best 12x you can afford and avoid the spotter.

Above all, before you buy, check the for sale forums here and you might find a great deal and then you can sell the item after your hunt if you take don't need it.