Mineral Mountain Outfitters

Hi guys. Does anyone have any experience with Mineral Mountain Outfitters? I'm thinking about hiring them for a 66 archery Elk hunt in Colorado. Any feedback or other outfitter recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

sndmn11

WKR
I know them as former customers, I would hire them.

I would consider https://actionadventures.net/wilderness-pack-in-hunts/ as well.

These two are listed on the Colorado Outfitter's Association site as guiding in that unit, but I cannot remember either talking about it. Worth a try, and they would be outstanding choices. One of them is a genuine legend.

All are former clients and seemed to run their operations like businesses rather than hobbies

dmc

FNG
I would highly recommend Greg and Shannon at Mineral Mountain Outfitters. They are top notch, do a great job, and the wilderness they hunt is full of elk. We did a 66 archery drop camp with them a few years ago - had a great time! PM me for details if you'd like.

OP
RogerSanchez
Greg and Shannon are good people. Are you looking for a drop camp type hunt or full service?

I would definitely prefer the drop camp option. The only reservation I have, is, I doubt they would place you in prime spots. Which, by the way, is completely understandable. I would fully expect for them to keep the better areas for the fully guided clients.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Misguided

FNG
Haven’t met them but have heard good things from people that have. Drop camp locations are designated by BLM or FS. Plenty of elk moving around in there so lots of good places. Also consider Powderhorn Primitive outfitters. They outfit on adjacent area and Monte puts on a good show.

Ddubs20

FNG
No experience with the outfitter, but the areas they hunt are incredible and very hard to access without pack animals. I believe they hunt the La Garitas, whereas powderhorn primitive hunts Cannibal Plateau. I'm not sure which outfitter hunts Independence gulch area, but there are camps in that area as well. 66 is a good unit, unfortunately it's no secret anymore.