Midwest guy -- Looking to meet guys who go west

What's up guys. Feels like tinder for hunting buddies here so swipe accordingly....

About me:
-Early 30's, living in western PA
-Married + Young kids (so time is a precious resource!)
-Long time whitetail hunter that is starting the quest west this fall with a 4th season elk rifle hunt on a trespass ranch (GMU 13)

Whitetail buddies are just not committed for western hunts so I'm trying to expand my network to some likeminded guys.

Long term, I'd like to spend a week each fall in the elk woods (rifle or archery). Maybe some AK caribou in a few years when the kiddos are older.

I'm an easy going guy. Into hunting, sports, and normal dude stuff.

I wake early and hunt hard. Years of experience backpacking the mountains (with no gun).

So if you're looking to head west, share backstraps over a fire, and hear about the new guy making mistakes, hit me up.

mcdbrog

FNG
I am in Northwest Ohio and me and one buddy have the same issue of finding people willing to go. I have hunted 2019 Colorado 2nd season elk, 2021 Arizona Deer and 2022 Wyoming pronghorn. Wont be heading west this year as we have a black bear hunt in Canada. I have also hunted northern Pa in the Alleghany Mountains the last 4 years. Plan on heading to Montana for elk next year, we will both have three points so should draw and I am heading there this summer for some scouting.

We are heading to TAC in seven springs this year if you are by chance going we could maybe meet up and have a beer. Feel free to send a message if you want.

Pretty late to the thread here.

Illinois hunter near St. Louis.

Quick bio

I'm 35 with a couple young kids as well. I didn't start hunting until 30 years old but I have become completely obsessed. Did some pretty solid backpack (non hunting) trips in Colorado, Washington, and Tennessee in my mid 20s.

I've only hunted deer and turkey and enjoy both. But I've been trying to figure out ways tno hunt out west. I've realized I'm going to have to go online to find friends to do it with as well.

I have a couple WY antelope points (research points to that being a decent western starter tag).
I've been researching Rio Grande turkeys in Nebraska. This could be a great trip to see if an elk trip could be feasible (buddy tryout) haha.
ELk is certainly on my list.
As well as a Dalton road Diy caribou type hunt

can't quite say we're next door neighbors or anything but I'm here at the "Gateway to the West"

- Nick

TheHammer

WKR
Go by yourself. At the end of the day that is your best bet. There will be differences of opinions, practices, expectations, fun/commitment levels. I’m in south central Wi, and go 1-3xs a year. It’s lifestyle change to the level of if you are serious you need to change your identity to make it a continuous reality.

TTurboEE

FNG
Glad I stumbled across this post! consider this my swipe haha.
Josh here, I'm in my late 20's not married and no kids. I currently live in Clark county in Ohio, but do travel to Pittsburg on occasion. Born and raised in the PNW grew up hunting in Oregon and Washington chasing blacktail's, elk, mulies, the occasional 4 legged cougar, and blackbear. I hunt with a rifle, bow and muzzleloader. Been looking for some fellow hunters out here that would like to and are able to make some hunting trips out west.